Peanut Butter Blossoms
A holiday favorite in our house. A cookie recipe that is easy and delicious. I mean it’s peanut butter and chocolate!!
- 1 3/4 cups flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1/2 cup shortening
- 1/2 cup peanut butter
- 1 egg
- 2 tablespoons milk
- additional sugar for dipping
- 48 Hershey chocolate kisses ( unwrapped)
- Combine shortening, sugars, egg, vanilla and peanut butter.
- Add dry ingredients and milk.
- Shape dough into 1 inch balls, then roll in sugar.
- Place on an ungreased cookie sheet.
- Bake 10 minutes at 350.
- Place a kiss in middle of each cookie pressing until the edges crack.