20 Reasons To Keep Coconut Oil In Your Bathroom!!
Coconut Oil has some amazing health benefits. But it’s not just for cooking. Here are a few things you can do with coconut oil
1. Oil Pulling – Have you swished with coconut oil? Oil pulling is a traditional way to cleanse the mouth of bacteria. Start your day with oil pulling by swishing a teaspoon of coconut oil in your mouth. Try to swish for at least 10 minutes. If you can, swish up to 20 minutes. It might be a bit hard at first but try to do it as much as you can 🙂
2. Wash Your Face. It’s called oil cleansing and it’s amazing! It may sound strange but oil can actually help clean your face. You will have soft and beautiful skin!
3. Hair Treatment – Coconut oil helps reduce protein loss when used as a pre or post treatment. Pre-treating your hair by adding a 1/2 tablespoon of coconut oil to the roots and work the oil down to the ends. Leave the coconut oil on for an hour before rinsing.
4. Shave Your Legs. That’s right! Coconut oil is a girl’s best friend when it comes to shaving. If you want baby soft legs, rub a small amount of coconut oil on your legs before shaving.
5. Skin moisturizer. Coconut oil is known to help reduce scaring, stretch marks and prevent sagging skin.
6. Rash and Burn Cream. Coconut oil helps to sooth rashes and burns. A small dab of coconut oil will help to reduce and even eliminate diaper rash.
7. Eye Makeup Remover. Another wonderful reason to have coconut oil on hand in the bathroom is for removing makeup! Wash your face and then use coconut oil to remove the remaining eye makeup.
8. Frizz Tamer. Coconut oil is a go-to when you need to tame fizzy hair. Use it on your ends not on your scalp unless you are shampooing your hair that day . Use only use a small amount though. Too much will leave your hair looking oily
9. Cuticle Treatment. Coconut oil does wonders for your nails! Massage your finger nails and toe nails with it as often as you like to help keep rugged cuticles tame. I do this daily!! The anti-fungal properties of coconut oil are also helpful for keeping toes clear of fungal infections
10. To lighten age spots when rubbed directly on the skin.
11. To get rid of cradle cap on baby- just massage in to head, leave on for a few minutes and gently rinse with a warm wash cloth
12. Mixed with equal parts sugar for a smoothing body scrub (use in the shower)
13. Rubbed on lips as a natural chap stick
14. Use on feet to fight athlete’s foot or tor fungus
15. In place of Lanolin cream on nursing nipples to sooth irritation and it’s also great for baby!
16. As a natural personal lubricant that won’t disturb vaginal flora
17. When used consistently on skin it can help get rid of cellulite
18. Use it as a natural deodorant
19. Us it by itself or with baking soda as a naturally whitening toothpaste
20. Rub into elbows daily to help alleviate dry, flaky elbows