As we all know bacon makes everything taste better!! lol One of my favorite side dishes. Quick and simple and always delicious!!
I have started experimenting with trying to get my family to eat different vegetables. I love every vegetable I think but some don’t like squash or zucchini or carrots ugh.
This is the only way some of my family members will eat Brussels Sprouts. I can’t say that I blame them. It surely is one of the most delicious ways I have eaten it!
Brussels Sprouts with Bacon
- 4 slices thick cut chopped bacon
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 2 tbsp onions , chopped
- 1 1/2 lbs Brussels sprouts, trimmed and cut in half
- salt and pepper
- 1/2 cup chicken broth
- Brown bacon.
- When crisp, remove bacon from pan.
- Add the olive oil and onion and saute 1-2 minutes.
- When onions are tender, add brussels sprouts and cook for 2-3 minutes on medium high heat until they are soft.
- Season with salt and pepper
- Add broth and continue to cook stiring frequently.
- Cook for 5 minutes or until tender.
- Add butter and cook for 1 minute.
- Add bacon back to pan for last minute or so.