Butter-Rum Pound Cake
- 1 box Betty Crocker™ SuperMoist™ butter recipe yellow cake mix
- 1 box (4-serving size) vanilla instant pudding and pie filling mix
- 3/4 cup water
- 1/3 cup sour cream
- 1/4 cup butter, softened
- 1/4 cup dark rum
- 1 teaspoon grated orange peel
- 4 eggs
- 1/2 cup Betty Crocker™ Rich & Creamy vanilla frosting
- 2 teaspoons dark rum
- 1/4 cup chopped pecans
- 1 Heat oven to 325°F. Grease and flour 12-cup fluted tube cake pan or 10-inch angel food (tube) cake pan, or spray with baking spray with flour. In large bowl, beat cake mix, dry pudding mix, water, sour cream, butter, 1/4 cup rum, the orange peel and eggs with electric mixer on low speed 30 seconds, then on medium speed 2 minutes. Spread in pan.
- 2 Bake 45 to 55 minutes or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. Cool 15 minutes; remove from pan. Cool completely, about 1 1/2 hours.
- 3 In small microwavable bowl, microwave frosting uncovered on Medium (50%) 15 seconds. Stir in 2 teaspoons rum. Spread over top of cake, allowing some to drizzle down side. Sprinkle with pecans. Store loosely covered.