EASY CREAMY SCALLOPED POTATOES ARE THE EASIEST SIDE DISH EVER. IDEAL FOR MAKING AHEAD AND JUST WARMED WHEN READY TO SERVE. A CROWD PLEASER MUST WHEN YOU NEED COMFORT FOOD FOR ENTERTAINING!
Creamy Scalloped Potatoes have been a staple in our family entertaining for years. Its one of those recipes I don’t even have to look at the recipe for to make.
Actually I have a vague memory of making it from a cookbook when I first had to make a dish for a family holiday. I tried to go back and source it for you, but after looking through at least a dozen cookbooks I couldn’t find it. I haven’t used an actual recipe in years for it so when I made this for you I had to actually figure out what the quantities actually were.
I love recipes like that. They become natural to make and you don’t have to be at home to follow the recipe and they come out perfect every single time.
Points of Interest for Creamy Scalloped Potatoes:
- EASY/HARD This is the easiest recipe ever. Basically only three ingredients. Potatoes, Cream and seasoning. Seriously thats all.
- The trick to success is cutting the potatoes evenly and thick. 1/4″ thick. This allows for the potatoes to cook evenly.
- Once cut you’ll just cover the potatoes with the cream and seasonings and par boil them for 15 minutes.
Then they get lined up in your baker and then pour the cream over the top to bake.
- Seriously that’s the whole recipe? Can it be any easier than that?
- OPTIONS: These are scalloped potatoes, but you can easily make them Au Gratin by adding cheese to them. We change things up by using our favorite gouda, or parmesan to make them Au Gratin when ever it pairs well with the main dish.
- SERVING SUGGESTIONS: Goes GREAT with these BBQ Ribs here or these Short Ribs. I’ve also served them the second day when making Prime Rib Sandwiches from the Prime Rib Recipe here! (Did I mention that Prime Rib Recipe is also 4 ingredient and the easiest Fancy meal you will ever make for company?)
- ADDED BONUS: This recipe for Creamy Scalloped Potatoes can be made ahead and just rewarmed when you are ready to serve them. That makes serving them to company ideal so you can spend time on other dishes or with your company!