Coleslaw is a great side dish year round. I have been making this recipe since I had a catering business in Atlanta. That was over 20 years ago. Now I make the same recipe for my family and friends.
It’s got a good amount of sweetness and tang with a nice creamy texture mixed in with the cabbage. I think the secret is the Old Bay seasoning and the celery seed.
I use a lower calorie and fat mayo that works. You really can’t tell the difference but, it makes a big difference in the fat and calories. So, hope you all enjoy!
Lower Calorie Creamy Coleslaw
Makes 8 side dish servings
- 1 package shredded coleslaw mix or about 4 cups shredded cabbage
- 1/2 cup plus 1 tablespoon Hellman’s light mayo, NOT the low fat or fat free (It will not taste the same)
- 1 tsp yellow mustard
- 1/4 tsp sea salt or kosher salt
- 1/4 tsp ground black pepper
- 1/2 tsp Old Bay Seasoning
- Recipe Continued Here=> http://skinnysweetsdaily.com/lower-calorie-creamy-coleslaw/