Parmesan and Feta Zucchini Bake – One of my favorite healthy zucchini recipes because it checks a lot of important boxes: low carb, gluten free and SO delicious!
Parmesan and Feta Zucchini Bake I love zucchini! It is such a versatile vegetable. It’s always in season so you can find it all year long. This Parmesan and Feta Zucchini Bake is simple and so easy to make. And I am all about simple and easy.
This morning I went to our local farm and they had a 5 pound bag for 99 cents so I grabbed a couple of bags. I love my local farm. I wish it was there all year long.It is a tiny little building with a huge farm. They always have some sort of something that is such a deal. Such a deal you can’t pass it up sort of deal.
Last week they had huge bags of mixed peppers for 1.29. They were perfect as far as I could see. Nice and firm no marks or bruises. So I bought them figuring I will make something with them.
Anyway back to the zucchini. I love it for making “zoodles” and all sorts of bakes. I love to just saute it simply with olive oil and garlic and add fresh garden tomato in the summer. The perfect simple and quick side dish that goes with and grilled dish.
This dish is simple and delicious and is great for a side dish for dinner or for breakfast or lunch.
This is a great way to use extra zucchini and squash from your garden! Loaded with feta and parmesan cheese. Makes a great low carb, gluten free vegetarian side dish. Perfect not only as a side dish but for a light lunch with a salad too.
Baked zucchini loaded with feta and parmesan cheese. How can you not love that combination?! I love easy zucchini recipes and I know you are going to be happy you tried this dish.
Parmesan and Feta Zucchini Bake - One of my favorite healthy zucchini recipes because it checks a lot of important boxes: low carb, gluten free ans SO delicious!
- 9 small- medium zucchini squash (or 6 larger size)
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 2 tbsp garlic, minced
- 1 tbsp dried parsley
- 1 tbsp Herbs de Provence (optional)
- 4 large eggs
- 1/4 cup onion, sliced or chopped
- 2/3 cup sour cream
- 2/3 cup crumbled feta cheese
- 3/4 cup fresh parmesan cheese
- 2 tbsp lemon juice, fresh squeezed
- pepper to taste
1. Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
2. Spray a large casserole dish with nonstick spray.
3. Slice the squash into 1/4 inch slices. If they are larger squash, cut them down the middle before slicing. Heat the oil in a large non-stick skillet. Add the squash, onion, garlic and dried parsley and Herbs de Provence and pepper. Saute and stir just until the squash is starting to soften slightly. This takes just 5 minutes or so. Do not overcook .
4 Remove from the heat.Beat together the eggs, cheeses, sour cream and lemon juice in a medium bowl. Place half of the squash into the bottom of the casserole. Then spread 1/2 of the egg mixture over the top. Repeat with remaining squash and egg mixture.Bake for 40-45 minutes, until the mixture is bubbling and slightly set. Serve hot.