1.Preheat oven to 350 degrees and line 2 cookie sheets with parchment paper
2. Using a standing mixer, cream the butter and 2 sugars together. Add pumpkin purée and eggs while slowly mixing. Add vanilla extract and mix.
2.In a large bowl, mix together the 5 cups of flour, cinnamon, ginger, nutmeg, all-spice and salt until combined
Gradually mix in the dry ingredients until combined. Scoop dough out onto a floured surface. Knead in 1/2 C of flour.
Roll out dough to 1/8 inch in thickness. Cut out shapes and place onto cookie sheet 2 inches apart
Place cookie sheet into the oven and bake for about 8-10 minutes
Remove from oven and allow to cool completely
Royal Icing Directions:
1.Using the standing mixer, combine the egg whites, cream of tarter, vanilla and powdered sugar and mix until combined and stiff peaks form
2. Split icing into 2 bowls. Add a few drops of Orange into one of the three bowls
3.Add a few drops of green into the second bowl. Mix until the colors are blended and the shades you want
4.Scoop about 1/4 C of icing into their own bags.Add 2-4 tsp of water into the remaining icing bowls and mix until combined
5.Pour the icing's into squeeze bottles Outline the pumpkin cookies like shown in the sample image
6. Fill in the two outer spots with the thinned orange icing and allow to dry for two hours before filling in the center
7. Using the green icing, pipe on the stem and and fill in with the green icing
8. Pipe on vines onto the pumpkins and allow to dry for an hour before enjoying.