1. In a microwaveable bowl, heat the brown sugar, butter and molasses until it is melted. Stir.
2. Add two eggs and whisk until fully incorporated.
3. Pour in the flour and spices and stir.
3. In a large measuring cup, microwave the milk for about 1 minute.
4. Whisk the baking soda into the warmed milk. Pour into the molasses mixture and combine.
5.Spray the slow cooker with baking spray or line with a slow cooker liner.
6.Pour into the slow cooker.
7. In the now empty microwaveable bowl, heat the butter, brown sugar and water until the butter melts. Stir until the brown sugar dissolves.
8. Pour over the cake mix in the slow cooker.
9. Put the lid on and cook on high and cook for 2 hours. The pudding cake will rise and the liquid will bake into the cake.
10. After 2 hours, remove the pot from the body of the slow cooker and set aside to cool and set.
Serve plain, with whipped cream or ice cream!