1. In a medium bowl, add together all of the meatball ingredients.
2. Mix together with your hands and form 2 teaspoon full balls, set the balls on a pan and refrigerate for half an hour or flash freeze for 10 minutes.
3. In a large dutch oven or heavy bottom and wide pot heat oil over medium high and add in onions and red bell peppers. Saute for 5 minutes, or until peppers and onions have softened. Next add in garlic, continue cooking for 30 seconds then add in paprika, saffron, and oregano. Cook for ten seconds more and then add in white wine.
4. Once the white wine has been added cook for 2 minutes, being sure to scrape the bottom of your pot with a wooden spoon and mixing occasionally.
5. Add in chicken broth and bring to a boil. Next add in meatballs and lower heat to a steady simmer (medium high heat). Cook for about 20 minutes, then add in orzo and kale and cook for an additional 15 minutes or until orzo is al dente and kale has softened.
6. Taste for seasoning and add in salt and pepper, if needed.
Serve and garnish with parsley.
Note* Saffron really makes this dish, please do not substitute it if at all possible. Depending on the size of the meatballs, it can make anywhere between 12-16 meatballs. Use as lean of a meat as possible.