Gingerbread Whoopie Pies Recipe - Soft, spicy and chewy gingerbread cookies stuffed with a scrumptious cream cheese frosting. A family holiday favorite your sure to love also!
1.Preheat your oven to 350 degrees. Line 2 baking sheets with parchment paper.
2. Add the flour, cinnamon, ground ginger, nutmeg, salt, cloves, and baking soda together in a medium bowl. Whisk to blend them together. Set aside.
3. In a second bowl whisk the brown sugar, melted butter, molasses until combined. Add in the egg, buttermilk, and vanilla into the brown sugar mixture whisking completely until combined.
4. Slowly add 1 cup of the flour mixture at a time in the other bowl of mixed ingredients stirring with a rubber spatula just until the dough comes together.
5. Using a small ice cream scooper, scoop out 12 rounds of dough onto 1 cookie sheet and bake in the oven for 11-13 minutes
6. Allow to cool completely on the counter while you make the frosting
Cream Cheese Filling Directions:
1.Using a standing mixer, beat together the butter, cream cheese and powdered sugar until smooth. ix in the vanilla and salt
2. Scoop into a piping bag fitted with a star tip
3. Match up the cookies to their size partner and place onto another cookie sheet
4.Remove the top cookie and pipe a decent size dollop of frosting in the middle
5. Put the top cookie back on and lightly push down
NOTE: You can add the filling with a spoon if you like instead of using a piping bag :)