Are you ready to make one of the most delicious and mouth-watering cake recipes, ever? This German Chocolate Cake will have you craving more before you even finish your first piece!
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
2. Melt chocolate with the water in a small saucepan over medium-low heat until just melted.
3. In a large mixing bowl, cream together butter and sugar. Pour in the melted chocolate and mix together.
4. Next, mix in the eggs, vanilla and milk until well combined.
5. Add the flour, baking soda and salt to the mixing bowl and stir or mix into the batter until just combine
6. Spray 3 8-inch cake pans with non-stick cooking spray. For extra coverage, line the bottom of the pans with an 8 inch circle of parchment paper.Pour batter evenly between the three pans and then bake for 35-40 minutes or until a toothpick inserted into the middle of the cake comes out clean.
7. Cool and make frosting.After frosting has cooled, assemble the cake:
a. Put the first layer rounded side down on a cake plate, topping with 1/3 of the frosting.
b. Add the second layer also rounded side down, repeating with another layer of the frosting.Add the 3rd layer, rounded side up.
d. Save any leftovers covered in the refrigerator.
1. Melt butter and then add in granulated sugar, brown sugar, evaporated milk and vanilla. Whisk until well combined. Mix in egg yolks.
2. Cook over medium heat, frequently stirring, until mixture thickens and is bubbly. This should be 10-12 minutes.
3. Add in coconut and pecans and stir to combine.Remove from stovetop and cool for at least 30 minutes, stirring now and then.
Makes 12 servings.
I used 2 % milk you can use whole milk but I would not use skim milk