Unstuffed shells Casserole
Unstuffed Shells Casserole is a delicious take on stuffed shells. This delicious casserole is full of cheese, spaghetti sauce, and great Italian flavor. It's always a winner!
Servings 8 Servings
- 16 oz. package of shells, cooked to package (minus a minute)
- 15 oz. of ricotta cheese
- ¼ cup of Parmesan cheese
- 1 egg
- 1 ½ teaspoons of Italian seasoning
- ½ teaspoon of onion powder
- ½ teaspoon of salt
- ½ teaspoon of black pepper
- 6 slices of ham, chopped
- 1 cup of mozzarella cheese, divided
- 1 24 oz. jar of spaghetti sauce or use your own homemade sauce
Preheat the oven to 400 degrees Fahrenheit.
In a large bowl, mix together ricotta cheese, Parmesan cheese, egg, and seasonings. Fold in chopped ham, and ½ cup of mozzarella cheese.
Add drained pasta to the cheese mixture and the spaghetti sauce, fold to coat completely.
Pour pasta mixture into a well-greased 9x13 casserole pan. Sprinkle remaining mozzarella cheese and add more if desired.
Cover pan with a greased sheet of aluminum foil.
Bake covered for 25 minutes, then remove foil and bake for 10 minutes or until the cheese is bubbly.