American Chop Suey ( My Way)– My family loves this. I love it because its easy and delicious. Always a winner in my book.
We are all about simple and easy in this house. But I do like to change things up a bit here and there too. But always keeping it simple too.
So one day I decided to add bacon to my chop suey and we had a winner!! I mean bacon makes everything taste better
I make chop suey a few different ways but this one is definitely a winner!!
This is one of my favorite comfort foods growing up. I’ve only changed a few things in my mother’s version. I add garlic and garlic powder and more tomatoes. The green bell pepper is optional, but my husband likes it.
This recipe makes a big batch, and the leftovers are delicious, too. The Sauce can be frozen and used for a leter date when you don’t feel like making a dinner.
Depending on where you are and region your from, American Chop Suey can be called Chili Mac, Beefaroni and Goulash. Somehow I think they are all pretty delicious!
Make this today!! You will love it!
Make this American Chop Suey ( My Way) today!
- 1/2 lb chopped bacon
- 1 lb ground beef I use 80%
- 1 large onion chopped
- 1 large green bell pepper chopped
- 3 cups homemade tomato sauce or your favorite brand
- 1 lb elbow pasta
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- salt and pepper to taste
- In a medium pot bring water to boil for elbow pasta. Add enough salt to water to flavor it well. Add pasta once water is boiling and cook according to package directions
- In a medium stock pot cook bacon until half way done. Add ground beef, onions, pepper, garlic powder and salt and pepper. Cook stirring occasionally until meat is thourghly cooked. Add tomato sauce and heat through.
- Add elbow pasta to beef mixture.
- Serve with grated parmesan cheese if desired