Chimichurri Sauce and Marinade is an addicting, easy marinade and sauce you’ll enjoy all year long. Perfect for the grilling season and all season long.
Chimichurri Sauce and Marinade is so delicious!
What exactly is a Chimichurri? It’s a “sauce” that is essentially olive oil and vinegar with very finely chopped fresh herbs, spices and garlic. Chimichurri or chimmichurri is an uncooked sauce used for grilled meat; it comes in a green version and a red version and originates from Argentina and Uruguay. Just an interesting fact!!
Anyway we love this simple and delicious blend of spices on everything! Wonderful on grilled meats or fish, seafood but also delicious on any meat you bake in the oven. Smear this all oven your pork,chicken or roast and you will be in heaven. This is also a perfect dip for you vegetables or as a spread for your bread. Try making a garlic bread and adding some of this to it. SO good!! Wow the list goes on and on.
Chimichurri Sauce and Marinade
- ½ cup olive oil
- 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- ½ cup finely chopped parsley
- 3-4 cloves garlic finely chopped
- ¾ teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon coarse salt
- pepper to taste
- Mix all ingredients together in a bowl.
- Allow to sit for at least 30 minutes before using.
- We usually prepare the Chimichurri at least a few hours before we use it.
- You can use it to marinade your meat or just base it. Or you can just use it after the meat is cooked as an and spoon it over your meat.