These thin and Crispy Blueberry Cookies are loaded with the flavor of fresh blueberries, white chocolate chips, and macadamia nuts folded into a thin, crispy cookie dough that’s so sweet and so satisfying.
Cookies are a classic treat, and we love to make them. We love cookies of all kinds from thick and soft to thin and crispy just like these delicious blueberry cookies.
Table of contents
❤️ Why You’ll Love This Recipe
These cookies are just as loaded with things to love as they are with blueberries. Thin and crispy, these cookies have a fantastic texture that crisp on the outside and tender on the inside and explode with blueberries in every bite.
- They’re a classic dessert or sweet snack.
- They’re absolutely loaded with blueberries.
- These delicious cookies have a crispy outside and a chewy inside.
- They’re so easy to make.
- Skip the bake shop blueberry crisp cookies and make your own at home.
The following are affiliate links. We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
- Room temperature butter
- Granulated sugar
- Brown sugar
- Baking powder
- Lemon juice
- All-purpose flour
- Fresh blueberries
- White chocolate chips
- Chopped macadamia nuts
See the recipe card below for quantities.
🔪 How to Make Crispy Blueberry Cookies
Making these cookies couldn’t be easier. The cookie dough recipe is so simple, and so are the ingredients. It only takes a few minutes and a few steps and then you can enjoy a cookie that is packed with sweet blueberry flavor.
Step 1: Combine the Wet Ingredients
In a bowl of a stand mixer beat the butter and sugar until smooth and creamy. Then, add the brown sugar, egg, baking powder, and lemon juice and mix until combined.
Step 2: Add the dry ingredients
Sift the flour into the butter mixture and mix until well combined.
Step 3: Add the Blueberries, Chips, and Nuts
Fold the blueberries, white chocolate chips, and nuts into the cookie dough until fully incorporated.
Step 4: Bake
Scoop the dough into 2 rounded tablespoon portions with a cookie scoop and place the dough balls about 1 inch apart on the prepared baking sheets. Then, bake for 13 to 15 minutes until the bottom edges are golden brown. Remove from the oven, cool on a wire rack, and enjoy!
Do you want to change up this lemon blueberry cookies recipe and make it your own? Here are some ways that you can do that!
- Frosted – Add vanilla frosting to the top of the cookie for an extra sweet finish.
- Chocolate Chips – Milk or semi-sweet chocolate chips work well in this recipe.
- Flavor – Add more flavor by mixing a teaspoon of vanilla extract into your cookie dough.
If you love sweet blueberry desserts then check out these blueberry thumbprint cookies. They’re blueberrific.
Just like everything else in this recipe, the equipment list is super simple. It only takes a few basic kitchen supplies to make them.
- Measuring cups and spoons
- Hand or stand mixer
- Cookie scoop
- Baking sheets or cookie sheets
- Wire cooling rack
- Large mixing bowl
These crispy cookies will last for about 5 days in an airtight container or wrapped in plastic wrap in the refrigerator. For longer storage, freeze them for up to a month.
These cookies are super easy to make, but we do have some tips here to ensure that you make them the best they can possibly be. They’re easy tips, but they make a big difference.
- Be sure your butter is fully softened so it can incorporate and cream fully with the sugars.
- A hand mixer or stand mixer makes things so much easier. You can do it by hand, but you’ll get a workout.
- Sifting the flour into the wet ingredients is vital for getting that thin crispy on the outside chewy on the inside texture.
- Make sure that you either line your baking sheet with parchment paper or spray it well with nonstick cooking spray that so your cookies do not stick to the cookie sheet.
- I used fresh berries in this recipe. you can also use frozen, but you will need to let me thaw completely and drain them first by mixing them into the thick dough.
- For best results fold the sweet blueberries cookies gently so that you do not crush them.
- I only recommend using the high speed of an electric mixer when you are beating the butter. Once you add the flour, I suggest medium speed so that you don’t overmix the dough.
Do you have questions about this blueberry lemon cookies recipe? Here are the answers to the most commonly asked questions for this fresh-tasting summer treat.
They’ll last for up to 5 days in the refrigerator.
Yes! They’ll last for up to a month in the freezer.
Place them in an air-tight, freezer-safe container or heavy-duty freezer bag and freeze for up to a month.
🍽 More Cookie Recipes
Do you enjoy cookies? Then, try these delicious recipes:
🧾Crispy Blueberry Cookies
Want to make this original recipe? Print the recipe card below, or pin this recipe, so you can find it later.
📌 PIN IT!!
Crispy Blueberry Cookies
- Measuring Cups and Spoons
- Hand or Stand Mixer
- Cookie scoop
- Baking sheets or Cookie Sheets
- Wire cooling rack
- large mixing bowl
- ½ cup Unsalted butter room temperature
- ½ cup Granulated sugar
- ½ cup Brown sugar
- 1 large Egg
- 1½ teaspoon Baking powder
- 2 teaspoon Lemon juice
- 2 cups All-purpose flour
- ½ cup Fresh blueberries
- ¼ cup White chocolate chips
- ¼ cup Macadamia nuts chopped
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
- In stand mixer or a hand mixer, beat butter and sugar until smooth and creamy.
- Add in the brown sugar, egg, baking powder and lemon juice and mix.
- Using a sifter, sift the flour into the mix.
- Mix until the flour is well incorporated.
- Fold in the blueberries, white chocolate chips and nuts into the cookie dough until fully incorporated.
- Using a cookie/ice cream scoop, scoop out approximately 2 Tbsp. per cookie.
- Be sure to place the cookie dough 1 inch apart on a prepared baking pan.
- Bake for 13-15 minutes or until the bottom edges are golden brown.
- Once finished baking, take out of the oven, and allow to cool to a comfortable temperature.
Leave a Reply