Super easy and simple way to make chicken. Always moist and delicious 🙂
Crock Pot Roasted Chicken
- 1 4 lb whole chicken , cut into quarters
- 3 teaspoons kosher salt (
- 1 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon italian seasoning
- 1/2 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 2 whole garlic cloves
- 1 yellow onion, quartered
- 1 lemon cut in half or quartered
- Spray the inside of a 5 quart or larger crockpot with nonstick spray.
- Combine all dry ingredients in a bowl.
- Rub the dry ingredients all over the chicken, inside and out, and place in crockpot, breast side down.
- Place onion and garlic and lemon inside chicken cavity.
- Cook 4-5 hours on high, or 8 hours on low.
- The chicken should be so tender it will fall off the bone.
- I place the chicken in a pan after it is cooked and put it under the broiler for a few minutes to make it more roasted looking.
- Save all the juices for a delicious gravy