Easy Cherry Pie Bars
Looking for an irresistible way to serve pie that will leave everyone smiling? Easy Cherry Pie Bars is it! A Must make treat!
These bars are simple and easy to make with ingredients you already have stocked in your pantry. Easy Cherry Pie Bars will easily be one of your go to desserts for any occasion!
There is so much to love about this recipe. These bars are a cinch to make! They can be made in less than an hour from start to finish.
If you love desserts that can be made all year long, this one is for you! Easy Cherry Pie Bars use canned cherry pie filling which is readily available any time of year so these bars are always ready to be put together! Don’t stop at cherry pie filling. Blueberry is another favorite of ours. You can use any pie filling you like such as strawberry or raspberry. They are all so pretty with the glaze!
If you ever need to take a dessert to a party, potluck, family gathering or barbecue these bars are the ones to take! They will be the hit of the party. This recipe can easily be doubled and made in a 9×13 pan.
How do you store Easy Cherry Pie Bars?
These bars are easy to store. Slice the bars and store them in an air tight container for up to 6 weeks. When your ready to serve the bars just place them in the fridge to thaw overnight and serve.
Making Easy Cherry Pie Bars
Whisk together the flour and salt and set that aside. In a medium mixing bowl, cream together the butter and sugar until light and fluffy, then add the eggs and flavor extracts and beat until smooth. Then add the flour mixture and beat just until combined.
Grease an 8×8-inch baking dish with non-stick cooking spray, then scoop part ( 1 1/2 cups) of the cookie dough into the dish. Spray your hands or the back of a wooden spoon with non-stick spray also. Spread the pie filling over the crust.
Dollop the remaining dough all over the top of the pie filling. Bake the bars at 350ºF for 30-35 minutes until set. Mix together the powdered sugar and the milk and drizzle over the cherry bars once they have cooled to room temperature.
Who wouldn’t loves these bars? A buttery cookie like batter topped with a tasty cherry pie filling and then more little dollops of cookie batter. Finished with a rich and creamy vanilla almond flavored glaze! It’s like a cherry pie cookie. What’s not to love about this bar?
Make these Easy cherry Pie Bars today!!
OTHER DESSERTS YOU WILL LOVE:
No-Bake Banana Cheesecake Dessert
Cream Cheese Sprinkle Cookies
Hummingbird Bundt Cake Recipe
Boston Cream Pie Cookie Cups
Easy Cherry Pie Bars
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- 1 21 oz. can cherry pie filling (regular or extra cherry variety)
- 1/8 tsp. almond extract (optional)
- 1/2 cup powdered sugar
- 1 tbsp milk
- Preheat oven to 350F. Grease an 8x8 inch square baking pan with non-stick cooking spray.
- In a medium mixing bowl, whisk together the flour and salt; set aside.
- In a medium mixing bowl, cream together the butter and sugar with an electric mixer until light and fluffy. Add the eggs, vanilla extract, and almond extract and beat until well combined.
- Add the flour mixture and mix just until combined.
- Scoop 1 ½ cups of the dough mixture into the prepared pan and press down to form the bottom crust. Spread the pie filling over the crust. Dollop the remaining dough all over the top of the pie filling.
- Bake the cherry bars at 350F for 30-35 minutes until set and beginning to turn golden brown around the edges.
- Cool the cherry bars in the pan until room temperature. Combine the powdered sugar almond extract if using and milk to make the glaze and drizzle over the cooled cherry bars. Cut into 9 squares to serve.
Leave a Reply