Reese’s Pumpkin Cupcakes – It’s no secret to anyone that knows me that I love peanut butter and chocolate. There is nothing better than Reese’s pumpkins this time of year! Place on top of a chocolate cupcake that is frosted…OMG!!
We all know Chocolate and peanut butter are a dream made in heaven. At least I think so. Those peanut butter pumpkins on top of the cupcakes practically scream “EAT ME!”.
If you can walk past one of these cupcakes without taking a huge bite of the peanut butter chocolate pumpkin and and then another huge bite of the chocolate cupcake with the delicious frosting, you have way more willpower than me.
I make cakes from scratch all the time, but for these cupcakes, a box mix will work just fine and save you some time. And who doesn’t love saving time?! First, make the cupcakes.
You will need:
1 box double chocolate cake mix
4 large eggs- room temp
1 cup milk
1/4 cup oil
2 Tbsp. plain Greek yogurt
While they are baking, you can prepare your frostings.
First make the peanut butter frosting
You will need:
1/2 cup butter, room temperature
1 1/2 cups creamy peanut butter
2 cups powdered sugar
1 tsp. vanilla extract
1 cup crushed Oreos
You can frost when cupcakes are cool
Take each cupcake and dip into the crushed Oreos.
Next you will make the vanilla ( orange ) frosting:
You will need:
4 cups powdered sugar
1 cup butter, room temperature
3 tsp. vanilla
2 tbsp. milk
1 drop orange food coloring
Reese's Pumpkin Cupcakes
Reese's Pumpkin Cupcakes - It's no secret to anyone that knows me that I love peanut butter and chocolate. There is nothing better than Reese's pumpkins this time of year! Place on top of a chocolate cupcake that is frosted...OMG!!
Servings: 12 cupcakes
- 1 box double chocolate cake mix
- 4 large eggs- room temp
- 1 cup milk
- 1/4 cup oil
- 2 tbsp plain Greek yogurt
Peanut Butter Frosting
- 1/2 cup butter, room temperature
- 1 1/2 cups creamy peanut butter
- 2 cups powdered sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 3 tbsp milk
- 1 cup crushed Oreos
Vanilla ( Orange ) Frosting
- 4 cups powdered sugar
- 1 cup butter, room temperature
- 1 tbsp vanilla
- 2 tbsp milk
- 1 drop orange food coloring
- 12 Reese's pumpkins
- 1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. 2. Line 2 regular muffin tins with double cupcake liners. ( 2 liners for each cupcake )3. In a large bowl add your cake mix, milk, eggs, oil and Greek yogurt. Mix until smooth.4.Scoop the batter into cupcake pans, filling the liners 3/4of the way full. 5. Bake cupcakes for 18-20 minutes or until done. Allow to cool before frosting.Peanut Butter Frosting:6. In the bowl of a stand mixer add the butter, and peanut butter. Beat until smooth. Add powdered sugar and vanilla. Beat until combined. Add milk and mix until light and fluffy.7. Frost cupcakes only a little bit to be able to dip in the Oreos. 8. Take each cupcake and dip into the crushed Oreos. Orange Vanilla Frosting: 9. In the bowl of a stand mixer add the butter, and vanilla. Beat until smooth.10. Add powdered sugar. Beat until combined. Add milk, orange food coloring and mix until light and fluffy. Frost with the vanilla ( orange frosting )11. Place the Reese's pumpkin on top. ENJOY!!
Leave a Reply