This delicious Slow Cooker Rigatoni Chicken Alfredo is loaded with white meat chicken, rigatoni, and a rich, creamy alfredo sauce. Every bite is like an alfredo hug for your mouth!
We love pasta dishes, and we make them quite a big. One of our favorites is this delicious chicken alfredo. When we want something quick, easy, and delicious, this is always one of the first recipes that we think of. It’s always so satisfying, and it’s so easy, we never dread having to go into the kitchen to make it.
Slow Cooker Rigatoni Chicken Alfredo
This delicious alfredo recipe is one of the easiest you’ll ever make. It’s all done in the slow cooker, so there’s almost zero effort involved. You mostly just dump everything in and let the slow cooker do its thing. After it’s all done, you’ll be enjoying a rich, creamy chicken alfredo recipe that’s loaded with flavor, not work. It’s a great weeknight meal that everyone always loves.
Rigatoni Chicken Alfredo Ingredients
You only need a few simple ingredients to make this delicious recipe. You’ll find them all easily at your local grocery store.
- Boneless, skinless chicken breast tenders or thinly sliced chicken breasts
- Heavy cream
- Chicken broth or stock
- Sliced butter
- Cubed cream cheese
- Italian seasoning
- White or black pepper
- Garlic powder
- Uncooked rigatoni pasta
- Freshly grated parmesan cheese
- Fresh parsley (optional)
**See the recipe card at the end of the post for quantities.
It takes next to nothing to make this recipe. You’ll need less than a handful of equipment!
- Slow cooker
- Cutting board
Rigatoni Chicken Alfredo Instructions
Making this recipe is just as easy as gathering up your ingredients. It might even be easier, in fact. It only takes a few simple steps and you’ll have a delicious alfredo recipe for dinner.
Step 1: Add the Ingredients to the Slow Cooker
Place the chicken breasts in a large slow cooker. Then, pour the heavy cream and chicken broth over the breasts. Add the sliced butter, cubed cream cheese, Italian seasoning, pepper, and garlic powder.
Step 2: Cook
Close the slow cooker and cook on high for 3 hours or on low for 5 hours until the chicken is cooked through and fork tender.
Step 3: Whisk the Sauce
Remove the chicken from the slow cooker and place it on a large plate. Then, whisk the sauce in the slow cooker until smooth.
Step 4: Shred the Chicken
Shred the chicken with forks, then add it back to the slow cooker.
Step 5: Finish the Dish
Add the uncooked rigatoni and the parmesan cheese. Then, close the slow cooker again and cook on high for 30 minutes or until the pasta is tender. Serve garnished with parsley and enjoy!
Hint: Be sure to whisk the sauce with a silicone-coated whisk so you don’t scratch your slow cooker.
You can store this dish in an air-tight container in the refrigerator for up to 3 days.
Rigatoni Chicken Alfredo Tips
Even though this recipe is ridiculously easy, we do have a few tips to help you make it the best it can possibly be. These are easy tips so give them a look.
Thin Breasts are Best – Breast tenders or thinly sliced breasts are best. They allow the slow cooker to get them nice and tender, and they’re easy to shred.
Use a Silicon-Coated Whisk – When whisking your sauce smooth, be sure to use a silicon-coated whisk so you don’t scratch your slow cooker vessel.
Small Cubes – Make your cream cheese cubes small so they melt evenly and thoroughly while the dish cooks.
More Chicken Recipes
If you like chicken, then we have some recipes we think you’ll enjoy.
Rigatoni Chicken Alfredo FAQ
If you have questions about this rigatoni chicken alfredo recipe, then read on. The following FAQ answers the most commonly asked questions about this dish.
What is alfredo sauce?
It’s a white pasta sauce made primarily with butter, cheese, and heavy cream.
What does cream cheese do to alfredo sauce?
Cream cheese adds a bit of tang, extra creaminess, and extra thickness to the sauce.
Can I freeze this recipe?
We don’t recommend freezing this recipe. Noodles don’t do well with freezing and defrosting.
Enjoy This Slow Cooker Rigatoni Chicken Alfredo
This easy slow cooker rigatoni chicken alfredo is so delicious and so simple, you’ll find yourself making it again and again. With its rich, creamy sauce, shredded chicken, and parmesan cheese, it’s a classic, hearty dish that will satisfy you at the end of the day and won’t leave you exhausted from cooking for hours. Give it a try!
OTHER RECIPES YOU WILL LOVE:
Slow Cooker Rigatoni Chicken Alfredo
- 2 to 2 ½ pounds boneless, skinless raw chicken breast tenders (or thin-sliced chicken breasts)
- 2 cups heavy cream
- 1 ½ cups chicken broth or stock (low sodium recommended)
- ¼ cup butter, sliced (unsalted recommended)
- 8 ounces cream cheese, cubed
- ½ teaspoon Italian seasoning
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon white or black pepper
- ¼ teaspoon garlic powder
- 1-pound uncooked rigatoni pasta
- ½ cup freshly grated Parmesan cheese
- Optional: chopped fresh parsley for garnish
- Place the chicken breast in a large slow cooker. Pour the heavy cream and chicken broth over the chicken breast. Add the sliced butter, cubed cream cheese, Italian seasoning, salt, pepper, and garlic powder.
- Cover the slow cooker with the lid and cook on high for 3 hours or low for 5 hours until the chicken is cooked through and fork tender.
- Remove the chicken from the slow cooker and place on a large plate. Whisk the sauce in the slow cooker until smooth. Shred the chicken with forks, then add back to the slow cooker.
- Add the uncooked rigatoni and the Parmesan cheese. Re-cover the slow cooker with the lid and cook on high for 30 minutes or until the pasta is tender.
- Serve hot with fresh parsley for garnish if desired.
- Makes 8 servingsCook time: 3 ½ high – 5 ½ hours lowPrep time: 10 minutes