1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees
2. Prepare a muffin pan with 12 muffin liners.
3. In a large bowl, mash bananas well. In a small bowl mix melted butter and brown sugar , eggs and vanilla and stir until combined.
4. In a separate bowl combine flour, baking soda, baking powder and salt, stir to combine.
5. Combine wet and dry mixture until just combined. Do not over-mix. If desired, add in optional nuts and stir to combine.
6. Reduce oven temp to 350 degrees. Divide batter between 12 muffin cups.
7. Bake for approximately 20 minutes or until a toothpick inserted into the center of a muffin comes out clean, and tops are turning golden brown.
8. Remove from oven and cool for five minutes. Remove muffins from pan.
Add fresh blueberries, chopped strawberries, raspberries chopped apples, or chocolate chips. About 1 cup or fruit and 1/2 cup to 1 cup of chocolate chips depending on how much chocolate you like in your muffins.