Skillet Kielbasa Sausage and Pierogies is hearty one pot comfort food that only requires 10 minutes of prep work! Yes your going to LOVE it!!
1. In a large skillet,
heat the olive oil over medium heat. Add the kielbasa and cook on
each side until it begins to brown. Remove the browned kielbasa from
the skillet and set aside. Leave the oil in the skillet.
2. Add the bell pepper and onions to the skillet and cook over medium heat until softened,
about 10-15 minutes. Remove from the skillet and set aside.
3. Boil the frozen pierogi in water according to package directions; drain well.
4. Melt the butter in the skillet over medium heat. Add the pierogis and sauté one side
until they begin to brown on that side, then flip the pierogi.
5. Once the pierogi have been flipped in the skillet, add back the sautéed bell peppers
and onions and the browned kielbasa. Use a spatula to gently toss
everything all together.
6. Sprinkle the shredded cheddar over the pierogi and kielbasa in the skillet. Cover
with a lid and allow the cheese to melt.
7. Remove the skillet from the heat. Serve with sour cream and a dash of salt and pepper if