Tuscan Roasted Asparagus
Tuscan Roasted Asparagus - This recipe for Tuscan Roasted Asparagus is one of my favorite ways to make asparagus. It is simple yet full of flavor.
Servings 4 -6 servings
- 2 tablespoons of butter
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 pound asparagus cleaned and trimmed
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped onion
- 2 garlic gloves finely minced
- 2 medium tomatoes sliced thin
- 3 fresh basil leaves finely minced
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 teaspoon grated lemon peel optional, see note
- 4 tablespoons freshly shredded Parmesan cheese
Preheat oven to 350 degrees and melt butter and olive oil in a 7 x11 baking dish.
Place asparagus in bottom of dish with melted butter and olive oil .
Sprinkle with onion and garlic .
Arrange tomato slices on top.
Sprinkle with basil, pepper, lemon peel and cheese.
Roast for about 20-25 minutes or until asparagus is just fork tender. I like my asparagus crispier so I check it after 20 minutes