Tuscan Roasted Asparagus – This recipe for Tuscan Roasted Asparagus is one of my favorite ways to make asparagus. It is simple yet full of flavor.
Tuscan Roasted Asparagus is perfect for this time of year! The tomatoes have started to come in abundance in the garden. How great is that?!! Fresh tomatoes have such a great flavor, a great smell and texture. I just love them.
So I try to add them to as many dishes as I can. But this is an asparagus dish right?
Anyway we eat asparagus a lot and many different ways. This recipe for Tuscan Roasted Asparagus is one of my favorite ways to make asparagus. It is simple yet full of flavor. is one of my favorites. All the ingredients are so simple but together they bring everything together to form a delicious side dish. It’s so tasty and colorful. It’s a perfect dish to serve company with it’s pretty colors.
It’s very important to add the lemon peel to this dish. The lemon peel really gives this dish a bright flavor so though it is not necessary I think if you add it, you will love the added flavor. We love this dish. I hope you love it too.
Make this Tuscan Roasted Asparagus today!
Tuscan Roasted Asparagus
Tuscan Roasted Asparagus - This recipe for Tuscan Roasted Asparagus is one of my favorite ways to make asparagus. It is simple yet full of flavor.
Servings: 4 -6 servings
- 2 tablespoons of butter
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 pound asparagus cleaned and trimmed
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped onion
- 2 garlic gloves finely minced
- 2 medium tomatoes sliced thin
- 3 fresh basil leaves finely minced
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 teaspoon grated lemon peel optional, see note
- 4 tablespoons freshly shredded Parmesan cheese
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees and melt butter and olive oil in a 7 x11 baking dish.
- Place asparagus in bottom of dish with melted butter and olive oil .
- Sprinkle with onion and garlic .
- Arrange tomato slices on top.
- Sprinkle with basil, pepper, lemon peel and cheese.
- Roast for about 20-25 minutes or until asparagus is just fork tender. I like my asparagus crispier so I check it after 20 minutes