1. Prepare your ribs by removing the membrane from the back of the ribs and cutting the rack of ribs in half.
2. Place the cut ribs into the slow cooker. Sprinkle over the pepper, oregano garlic powder and add the liquid smoke.
3. Pour in ¼ cup of apple cider. Do not pour over the top of the ribs, but rather from the side.
4. Drizzle over the barbecue sauce and pour in the Dr. Pepper
5. Cover and cook on LOW for 8 hours. ( DO NOT open the lid during the cooking time! Believe me it makes a huge difference)
6. Remove from the slow cooker and brush with BBQ sauce.
Once ribs are cooked you can grill them if you like to get grill marks.
You can pour some of the cooking liquid in a small pan and boil. It will thicken up and makes a great sauce for the ribs