Slow Cooker Dr Pepper Ribs
Slow Cooker Dr Pepper Ribs are tender fall of the bone and the best ribs EVER!! Set it and forget it dinner for your slow cooker.
If you haven’t made ribs in the slow cooker you really really NEED to! Cooking ribs in the slow cooker is easy and cooks the ribs perfectly. We cook ribs in the slow cooker all year long. In the summertime it is perfect since it doesn’t heat up the house. Once the ribs are cooked we sear them on the grill with a little extra BBQ sauce. You will love the ease of these Slow Cooker Dr. Pepper Ribs!
Slow Cooker Dr. Pepper Ribs are one of our favorite go to meals. It is the perfect dump and go meal. You literally dump everything in the slow cooker or crock pot, set it and forget it. We have made this recipe using bone in St Louis style ribs, baby back ribs and also boneless ribs. They are all amazingly delicious and so worth making.
Do you use your slow cooker often? If you don’t you should break that sucker out and use it more often!
Not only are they super simple to make. And by simple I am talking about placing a few ingredients in the slow cooker, setting it and letting it cook for 4 hours on high or 7-8 hours on low. We prefer cooking the ribs on low. I always like cooking on low if possible when it comes to meats in the slow cooker. These ribs come out , fall off the bone when they are cooked low and slow in my opinion. But if you must cook them on high for the 4 hours make sure they are tender.
Slow Cooker Dr. Pepper Ribs are so delicious!!
Ribs are great for dinner but they are great for a party too. Bring a big batch of these babies to a potluck or a game day party and they are the first to go. Finger foods are always a big hit with our game day parties. These ribs never disappoint!
Make these Slow Cooker Dr. Pepper Ribs today for your family and friends!!
OTHER SLOW COOKER RECIPES YOU MIGHT LIKE:
- 1 rack baby back pork ribs
- 1 tsp liquid smoke
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp oregano
- 1 cup barbecue sauce
- 1/4 cup apple cider vinegar
- 1 12 oz can Dr. Pepper
1. Prepare your ribs by removing the membrane from the back of the ribs and cutting the rack of ribs in half.
2. Place the cut ribs into the slow cooker. Sprinkle over the pepper, oregano garlic powder and add the liquid smoke.
3. Pour in ¼ cup of apple cider. Do not pour over the top of the ribs, but rather from the side.
4. Drizzle over the barbecue sauce and pour in the Dr. Pepper
5. Cover and cook on LOW for 8 hours. ( DO NOT open the lid during the cooking time! Believe me it makes a huge difference)
6. Remove from the slow cooker and brush with BBQ sauce.
Once ribs are cooked you can grill them if you like to get grill marks.
You can pour some of the cooking liquid in a small pan and boil. It will thicken up and makes a great sauce for the ribs