Grilled Corn with Cilantro Lime Butter will have you screaming for more! It's what summer is all about. Sweet, buttery and a must have for every BBQ!!
1. Prepare grill for cooking on direct medium high heat. (350 to 450 degrees)
2. Prepare the corn by pulling the husks back, while leaving the bottom attached. Remove the inner silk and discard.
3. Gently pull a ½ inch piece of a husk to use to tie the husks underneath the base.
4. Melt the butter over low heat. Add the sugar and stir until dissolved – about 2 minutes.
5. Add the juice from ½ of the lime, salt and 2 Tb of cilantro. Stir just until combined.
6. Gently brush the corn with the butter.
7. Grill the corn on direct heat, with cover on, turning every few minutes. Grill about 10-15 minutes, or until tender and brown in spots.
8. Brush with more of the butter mixture before serving. Serve with slices of the second half of the lime and extra cilantro if desired
1.You can also make this butter in the microwave for an extra quick fix!
2. If you prefer the corn without the husk, you can remove it completely.
3. If the husks are getting too browned when cooking, rotate the corn so the husks are not over direct heat.
4. If using a charcoal grill, you can control the heat by using the vent on the bottom or on the lid. For precise temperature control, you can use a grill thermometer.
5. While it is important to rotate the corn, a good char is only possible by letting the corn sit without rotating. So pick a side and let it sit a little extra long for those mouthwatering grill marks.