Grilled Corn with Cilantro Lime Butter
Grilled Corn with Cilantro Lime Butter will have you screaming for more! It’s what summer is all about. Sweet, buttery and a must have for every BBQ!!
Do you go crazy for the taste of sweet summer corn? We love it so much. It is truly a family favorite and I swear it is on our dining table every other night. I am one of those people who will eat my corn last because well you always save the best for last don’t you? Well I do!
These sweet ears of corn can be cooked low and slow on the grill or you can char them up a bit if you like. I know some people like a bit or quite a bit of char on their corn. whatever floats your boat but we tend to like it with not so much char. We love the flavors of the cilantro lime butter too. It’s so simple to make and honestly tastes so amazing on so many vegetables! The butter is made of butter course, salt, sugar, lime and cilantro.
When we first served this corn to friends they immediately fell in love with the sweet and fresh taste the lime and cilantro mixed with the butter and sugar give this corn.
Have you ever tried butters mixed with lime and herbs? They really bring out a nice flavor and a lot of freshness to butter. It’s a nice way to change things up for your vegetables or even fish. Seriously it’s so delicious you should give it a try. We made these with the husk on just because they look pretty but you don’t have do to do that but they sure do make a pretty presentation.
So make this Grilled Corn with Cilantro Lime Butter and change up your normal corn on the cob routine. I bet your going to love it!!
MORE SIDE DISHES YOU MIGHT LIKE:
Grilled Corn with Cilantro Lime Butter will have you screaming for more! It's what summer is all about. Sweet, buttery and a must have for every BBQ!!
- 6 ears of corn- in the husk
- 1/2 cup butter
- 1/8 cup granulated sugar
- 1 lime , divided
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 3 tbsp chopped cilantro , divided
1. Prepare grill for cooking on direct medium high heat. (350 to 450 degrees)
2. Prepare the corn by pulling the husks back, while leaving the bottom attached. Remove the inner silk and discard.
3. Gently pull a ½ inch piece of a husk to use to tie the husks underneath the base.
4. Melt the butter over low heat. Add the sugar and stir until dissolved – about 2 minutes.
5. Add the juice from ½ of the lime, salt and 2 Tb of cilantro. Stir just until combined.
6. Gently brush the corn with the butter.
7. Grill the corn on direct heat, with cover on, turning every few minutes. Grill about 10-15 minutes, or until tender and brown in spots.
8. Brush with more of the butter mixture before serving. Serve with slices of the second half of the lime and extra cilantro if desired
1.You can also make this butter in the microwave for an extra quick fix!
2. If you prefer the corn without the husk, you can remove it completely.
3. If the husks are getting too browned when cooking, rotate the corn so the husks are not over direct heat.
4. If using a charcoal grill, you can control the heat by using the vent on the bottom or on the lid. For precise temperature control, you can use a grill thermometer.
5. While it is important to rotate the corn, a good char is only possible by letting the corn sit without rotating. So pick a side and let it sit a little extra long for those mouthwatering grill marks.