Air Fryer Salmon Bites are easy, healthy, and delicious. Chunks of salmon are air fried to perfection with a mixture of spices to create a zesty kick of flavor that’s good AND good for you.
Considering all the desserts we make, it might surprise all of you to know that we actually try to eat relatively healthily. Of course, we’re not ever going to give up our sweet desserts, but we like to balance that out with things like these salmon bites. We love to pair them with some brown rice and a little butter for a delicious meal that’s also healthy.
Table of contents
❤️ Why You’ll Love This Recipe
- These bites are perfectly seasoned and so delicious.
- They’re good and good for you!
- They’re a healthy, delicious dish that even picky eaters tend to enjoy.
The following are affiliate links. We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
It only takes a few simple ingredients to make these bites. Below, you’ll find the ingredients that make this recipe so delicious. The complete list of ingredients along with amounts can be found in the recipe card at the end of the post.
- Smoked paprika
- Ground mustard seed
- Granulated garlic
- Dried thyme
- Dried sage
🔪 How to Make Air Fryer Salmon Bites
Making this recipe could literally not be any easier. And yes, we’re using literally in the correct sense. The only thing easier would be having someone else cook them for you!
Step 1: Prep
Wash the salmon and dry it with paper towels. Then, carefully remove the skin. Finally, remove the pin bones with tweezers or fingers. Cut the salmon into 1-inch chunks and transfer them to a deep bowl.
Step 2: Add the Spices
Combine the olive oil, salt, spices, and herbs and pour them into the bowl with the salmon. Toss to coat.
Step 3: Air Fry
Line the air fryer basket with parchment paper and arrange the salmon pieces in a single layer. Air fry for 7 to 8 minutes at 320 degrees.
Do you want to change up this recipe and make it your own? Here are some ways that you can do that!
- Your Favorite Fish: You can use your favorite fish for this recipe. Any will work well.
- Your Favorite Spices: Adjust the spices according to your preference.
- Spicy: For a spicy kick, add cayenne pepper to the spice blend.
For another delicious herbed salmon recipe, check out this easy garlic butter herbed salmon in foil recipe.
You don’t need much of anything to make this easy recipe.
- Measuring spoons
- Cutting board
- Parchment paper
- Air fryer
Store leftovers in an air-tight container in the refrigerator for up to 4 days. For longer storage, you can freeze it for up to 3 months. Place the salmon bites in a freezer-safe container, then place a layer of plastic wrap directly on top of the bites to block as much air as possible. Place the lid on the container and freeze.
This recipe is exceedingly simple. There’s not much to know in the way of tips.
- This is one of the rare recipes that doesn’t require the air fryer to be preheated.
- DO NOT cook the salmon for longer than 7 to 8 minutes or it will be overdone.
- For the best flavor, cover the bowl with plastic wrap and chill for about 15 minutes after coating the salmon.
Do you have questions about this recipe? Here are the answers to the most commonly asked questions.
Salmon is extremely healthy. It’s loaded with protein and omega-3 fatty acids.
Absolutely. We use olive oil for the herb coating, which is a healthy fat, and the salmon itself is a healthy source of protein.
This salmon is excellent with rice and your favorite vegetables.
🍽 More Recipes
Do you enjoy air frying? Then try these delicious recipes:
📌 PIN IT!!
Want to make this recipe? Print the recipe card below, or pin this recipe, so you can find it later.
Air Fryer Salmon Bites
- Measuring spoons
- Cutting board
- parchment paper
- Air Fryer
- 1 pound salmon
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- ½ teaspoon smoked paprika
- ½ teapsoon ground mustard seed
- 1/2p teaspoon granulated garlic
- ½ teapsoon dried thyme
- ⅓ teaspoon dried sage
- Wash the pieces of chilled salmon and pat dry with paper towels. Remove the skin and remove bones with tweezers or fingers if this isn’t already done.
- Cut the salmon into 1-inch pieces and transfer to a deep bowl.
- Add olive oil, salt, spices and herbs to a bowl. You can add spices to your taste if you wish.
- Gently toss salmon with oil and spices. Cover the bowl with plastic wrap and leave in the fridge for 15-20 minutes.
- Line the air fryer basket with parchment paper (optional). Arrange the salmon pieces in a single layer. There is no need to preheat the air fryer – the salmon will cook very quickly. Set the mode to Fish (160 C) and cook for 7-8 minutes. It is not necessary to cook the salmon for longer, as the pieces may lose their juiciness and become dry.
- Serve salmon bites hot with your favorite sides.