Asparagus with Sun Dried Tomato and Scallion – Light and fresh this Asparagus and Snap Peas with Sun Dried Tomato and Scallions is the perfect side dish for and meal.
Asparagus is a family favorite for us. I am always looking for a different way to serve it since I normally make it once a week or so. Asparagus is extremely low in calories and is packed with vitamins. And we all love it which is a win win for me.
When buying asparagus, choose stalks with dry, tight tips and firm, unwrinkled stalks. And fat stalks don’t necessarily mean tough asparagus. Although I don’t like them too thick . And I don’t like the thin ones. ( I will never buy the thin ones) I like a medium size stalk best.
Older plants produce thicker spears, but they can be just as tender and flavorful. This recipe for roasted asparagus with scallions and sun-dried tomatoes brings all the delicious seasonal flavors together with the deep richness of the tomatoes and the freshness of scallions.
Although asparagus is a spring vegetable it can be found in the market all year long now along with snap peas. That’s why this dish is so great. It is perfect all year long. I am a sun dried tomato lover. I think they add so much flavor for such a little thing!! And I just love, love the flavor of sun dried tomato, garlic and scallions together!! It’s so simple yet gives such a burst of flavor. Try it, you will love it 🙂
Make this delicious side dish!
- 4-5 Sun Dried Tomatoes in olive oil
- 3 Garlic Cloves minced
- 4 Scallions Chopped
- 1/4 lb. Fresh Snap Peas cleaned and sliced in half
- Salt and Pepper to taste
- 1 Tsp. Dried Thyme
- 2 Tbsp Olive Oil
- 2 Tbsp Butter
- 1 1/2 lb. Fresh Asparagus trimmed and cleaned
- Place butter and olive oil in a medium skillet.
- When butter is melted add tomato, scallion, and garlic. Sautee but be very careful to not burn garlic.
- Add asparagus and sautee. We like ours very crisp so it takes just a few minutes.
- Add snap peas and sautee a couple of minutes more.
- Add salt, pepper and dried thyme to taste.
- Toss and serve