Slow Cooker Chicken Lo Mein delivers all the flavors we love in this classic Asian dish, but it’s so much easier to make thanks to the slow cooker. Just throw everything in and come back for a delicious dish!
This slow cooker chicken lo mein is such a delicious and easy dinner! Chicken, soy sauce, hoisin sauce, oyster sauce, brown sugar, garlic and a little red chili flake make a fabulous sauce that comes together with carrots, red bell pepper and snap peas.
This is all combined with lo mein noodles for a dinner better than take out! Seriously wait until you try this!
We love takeout, but what we love even more is our favorite takeout dishes made at home. That’s why we love this chicken lo mein recipe. It’s super easy and full of authentic Asian flavor.
Table of contents
❤️ Why You’ll Love This Recipe
- It’s made with ingredients you can find at any grocery store.
- It has all the flavor and texture we love about lo mein.
- It’s so easy to make!
You’ll only need a few simple ingredients to make this recipe. All of them are readily available at your local grocery store. Be sure to check the recipe card at the end of the post for exact quantities.
- Boneless skinless chicken breasts
- Matchstick carrots
- Sliced bell pepper
- Light soy sauce
- Hoisin sauce
- Oyster sauce
- Brown sugar
- Minced garlic
- Red chili flakes
- Sugar snap peas
- Chopped scallions
- Sesame seeds
- Lo mein noodles
🔪 How to Make Slow Cooker Chicken Lo Mein
Making this recipe could not be simple. It’s made in a slow cooker, so you just throw everything in and come back later!
Step 1: Make the Sauce
Combine the soy sauce, hoisin sauce, oyster sauce, brown sugar, garlic, and red pepper flakes in a bowl.
Step 2: Add the Ingredients
Place the chicken in the bottom of the slow cooker. Then, add the carrots and sliced red peppers. Then, pour the sauce over the entire thing.
Step 3: Cook
Cook on high for 4 hours or on low for 6 hours.
Step 4: Shred the Chicken and Add the Peas
Remove the cooked chicken and shred it, then add it back to the slow cooker along with the sugar snap peas. Stir and place the lid back on for another 15 minutes.
Step 5: Make the Noodles
While the peas cook, make the noodles according to the package directions and drain.
Step 6: Finish the Lo Mein
Add the noodles to the slow cooker and toss everything to coat. Then, sprinkle with chopped scallions and sesame seeds and serve.
Do you want to change up this recipe and make it your own? Here are some ways that you can do that!
- Mild – Omit the red pepper flakes for a mild version.
- Veggies – Add your favorite veggies like broccoli, water chestnuts, sliced cabbage, and the like.
- Lo Mein Noodles – If for some crazy reason you can’t find lo mein noodles, you can use linguine noodles.
If you love this easy Asian dish, then check out our slow cooker Asian chicken noodle soup.
- Measuring cups and spoons
- Cutting board
- Slow cooker
Store this in the refrigerator in an air-tight container for 3 to 4 days. For longer storage, you can freeze it for up to 3 months in an air-tight, freezer-safe container.
- Shred the chicken while it’s as hot as possible for easy shredding.
- Two forks or shredding tools are the best and safest way to shred the chicken.
- Don’t overcook your sugar snap peas. You want them to be tender but still firm.
Do you have questions about this recipe? Here are the answers to the most commonly asked questions.
It’s a traditional Chinese dish made with lo mein noodles, a soy sauce-based sauce and chicken, beef, or pork along with vegetables.
Lo mein is a dish made with boiled noodles. Chow mein is made with fried noodles.
Yes. Lo mein noodles are thick and have a chewy texture.
🍽 More Recipes
Do you enjoy Asian food? Then try these delicious recipes:
📌 PIN IT!!
Want to make this recipe? Print the recipe card below, or pin this recipe, so you can find it later.
Slow Cooker Chicken Lo Mein
- slow cooker
- large pot
- 1 pound boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 1 cup matchstick carrots
- 1 red bell pepper sliced
- ⅔ cup lite soy sauce
- ½ cup hoisin sauce
- 2 tablespoons oyster sauce
- 4 tablespoons brown sugar
- 4 cloves garlic minced
- ½ teaspoon red chili flakes
- 8 ounces sugar snap peas
- 2 scallions chopped
- Sesame seeds optional
- 14 ounces lo mein noodles
- Place your chicken breasts in the bottom of your slow cooker.
- Place the carrots and sliced red peppers ontop of the chicken.
- In a mixing bowl combine the soy sauce, hoisin sauce, oyster sauce, brown sugar, garlic and red pepper flakes.
- Pour the sauce over the chicken and cook on low for 6 hours or 4 hours on high.
- 15 minutes before you are ready to serve take the chicken out and shred it. Add the chicken back to the slow cooker and add the sugar snap peas.
- Give everything a stir and place the lid back on for 15 minutes while you prepare your noodles.
- Cook the noodles to the box directions and drain.
- Add the noodles to the slow cooker and toss to coat the noodles.
- Sprinkle on the chopped scallions and some sesame seeds to garnish.