Bacon and Spinach Pasta with Parmesan is a quick weeknight dinner. A simply amazing super easy dish that you will be making all the time!
This one skillet meal is such a simple recipe to make. It requires only 7 ingredients so it perfect for a weeknight meal but is so delicious that you can serve this as an amazing company dish also. You can add chicken or shrimp to this dish to make it even yummier! We add shrimp often since that is one of our favorite forms of protein.
But seriously this is delicious as is. Pasta cooked in broth is super ahh-mazing! I mean you have bacon and parmesan going on here how can it not be good?! We used Orecchiette Pasta in this recipe. I love the way the little “ears” of pasta hold the bacon, spinach and all the bits of goodness. You of course can use any kind of pasta you like.
Pasta with fresh spinach and tomatoes is a classic. But adding bacon to the mix and bam! A special dish is born. Bacon makes everything better doesn’t it? And the nice saltiness of the bacon adds a great flavor to this dish.
This pasta dish is almost like a fast food meal for our family. The bacon can easily be cooked any time during the day then you can finish this up at night when dinner time comes. Then you will cook the onion in the bit of bacon grease left in the skillet.
The pasta cooks right in the same pot after you pour the chicken broth in. Add the fresh spinach and halved cherry tomatoes to the skillet and stir until the spinach has wilted and the cherry tomatoes have started to blister. the pasta. Remove from heat, add the cooked bacon back to the skillet, sprinkle the shaved Parmesan over top, stir to combine and serve! So simple and amazingly delicious.
I’m pretty sure once you make this delectable dish you will be making it again and again. It’s one of those dishes that is easy to make to begin with but once you make it a few times you will be whipping threw it in minutes in no time.
- 6 oz. bacon
- 1 small onion, diced
- 2 cups chicken broth
- 8 oz Orecchiette pasta or pasta of your choice
- 3-4 cups fresh spinach
- 1 cup halved cherry tomatoes
- 1/3 cup grated Parmesan plus more shaved Parmesan for topping
1. Cut the bacon across the strips into one-inch pieces. Sauté the bacon in a large skillet over medium heat until it is brown and crispy. Remove the browned bacon to a bowl with a slotted spoon. Carefully pour the fat off into a separate bowl, leaving about one tablespoon in the skillet. Add the diced onions and sauté until they are soft.
2. Add two cups of chicken broth to the skillet and scrape up any remaining browned bits from the bottom of the skillet. Finally, add the uncooked pasta to the skillet, cover with a lid, and let the skillet come to a boil over high heat. Once it reaches a boil, give it a quick stir, then reduce to low, and simmer 10 minutes covered. Stir occasionally. After 10 minutes the pasta should be tender and most of the broth absorbed.
3. Add the fresh spinach and halved cherry tomatoes to the skillet and stir until the spinach has wilted and the cherry tomatoes have started to blister. the pasta. Remove from heat, add the cooked bacon back to the skillet, sprinkle the Parmesan over top, stir to combine, Shave some extra Parmesan over top and then serve.