This Caramel Bread with Cream Cheese Filling is rich, tender, and moist – almost like a cake. It’s so sweet and delicious, and it’s filled with a cream cheese and caramel filling.
If you love quick bread, then this is the recipe for you. This is one of our favorite quick bread recipes to make because it’s so sweet and delicious, and it only takes a few minutes. You can’t beat that combo!
Table of contents
❤️ Why You’ll Love This Recipe
- It only uses a few basic ingredients.
- It’s an easy recipe that’s ready in no time at all.
- The sweet caramel and tangy cream cheese work perfectly together.
The following are affiliate links. We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
This recipe uses basic baking ingredients that are probably already in your kitchen right now! You’ll find the important ingredients here, but the full ingredient list along with amounts is in the recipe card at the end of the post.
- Brown sugar
- Vanilla coffee creamer
- Vegetable oil
- Cream cheese
- Caramel sauce
🔪 How to Make Caramel Bread with Cream Cheese Filling
This recipe is incredibly simple. It’s just a basic quick bread with a sweet and tangy center. Even that is just made by layering.
Step 1: Prep
Grease and flour a 9-inch loaf pan and set it aside. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
Step 2: Make the Batter
Blend the flour, baking powder, and salt in a stand mixer. Then, add the brown sugar, eggs, vanilla coffee creamer, and vegetable oil and blend until smooth.
Step 3: Make the Filling
Combine the cream cheese, sugar, egg, and vanilla in a bowl and mix until smooth and creamy.
Step 4: Make the Bread
Pour half of the bread batter into the loaf pan. Then, spoon the cream cheese filling over the top of the batter layer. Top with the remaining batter and then use a knife to swirl the filling in the center, being careful not to scrape the bottom or sides of the pan. Finally, pour the caramel sauce down the center of the pan and swirl with a knife.
Step 5: Bake
Bake for 45 minutes or until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean.
Step 6: Cool
Remove the bread from the oven and place it on a wire rack to cool for 15 minutes. Then, turn out the bread and let cool completely. Cut into 1-inch pieces and serve drizzled with caramel sauce.
Do you want to change up this recipe and make it your own? Here are some ways that you can do that!
- Filling – Substitute caramel for any kind of prepared filling like fruit pie filling, jam, or hot fudge sauce.
- Streusel – Get extra fancy by adding a streusel topping before baking.
If you’re loving what you’re seeing here, then check out our easy ice cream bread with lemon and blueberry.
- Measuring cups and spoons
- Mixing bowl
- Stand mixer
- Loaf pan
- Wire rack
Store this bread in the refrigerator for up to 5 days. It’s important to note that because it has a cream cheese center, it can’t be kept on the counter like other quickbreads.
For longer storage, you can freeze this bread for up to 6 weeks in the freezer. Just wrap it in a double layer of plastic wrap and then a layer of foil.
- Be sure you use a 9-inch loaf pan. Anything smaller won’t accommodate the batter.
- Be sure there is at least 1 inch of head room in the pan for the bread to rise.
- Only give your bread a few swirls before baking. Too much swirling will mix it rather than make streaks.
Do you have questions about this recipe? Here are the answers to the most commonly asked questions.
No. While nonstick spray works well in many situations, breads like these require the flour layer to completely prevent them from sticking.
You can use either. If using a dark loaf pan, check for doneness about 5 minutes earlier than normal.
Absolutely. You can use hot fudge or chocolate sauce in place of caramel sauce. You can also use things like pie filling or jams.
🍽 More Recipes
Do you enjoy caramel? Then try these delicious recipes:
📌 PIN IT!!
Want to make this recipe? Print the recipe card below, or pin this recipe, so you can find it later.
Caramel Bread with Cream Cheese Filling
- Measuring Cups and Spoons
- Mixing Bowl
- Stand mixer
- Loaf pan
- Wire rack
- 4 cups Flour
- 3 Tablespoons Baking Powder
- ¼ teaspoon Salt
- 2 Cups Brown Sugar
- 2 Eggs
- ¾ Cup Vanilla Coffee Creamer
- ⅔ cups Vegetable Oil
FOR THE FILLING:
- 6 ounces Cream Cheese softened
- ½ cup Sugar
- 1 Egg
- 1 teaspoon Vanilla
- ⅓ cup Caramel Sauce
- Grease and flour a 9 inch loaf pan, and set aside. Turn the oven to 350.
- In the mixing bowl of a stand mixer, blend the Flour, Baking Powder, and Salt, with the Whisk attachment.
- Add the Brown sugar, Eggs. Vanilla Coffee Creamer, and Vegetable Oil. Blend until smooth.
- In a separate bowl, combine the cream cheese, Sugar, Egg, and Vanilla, and stir until smooth and creamy.
- Pour half of the Bread batter in the loaf pan, and then spoon the Cream Cheese Filling in the middle of the batter.
- Pour the remainder of the batter in the loaf pan, and gently swirl the filling in the center with a knife, being careful not to scrape the bottom or sides of the pan.
- Pour the Caramel Sauce in long strip down the center of the pan, and swirl with the knife.
- Place the loaf pan in the oven, and bake for 45 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean. (There may be a little caramel or cream cheese on the toothpick, but as long as the batter is done, the bread is done baking).
- Remove from the oven to a wire rack, and let the bread cool for about 15 minutes, and then remove from the loaf pan, and continue cooling on the wire rack.
- When the bread is completely cool, slice in 1 inch pieces and serve with a little Caramel drizzled over the piece.