Chicken a la King – This is what we call comfort food in our house. It brings back childhood memories. And best of all it is simple to make and is always a big hit in our house.
Chicken a la King is a favorite in our house. A meal that is perfect for the busy day.
A wonderful way to use leftover chicken, it is almost a deconstructed chicken pot pie.
Chicken a la King is one of my family’s favorite dinners. It is mine too since it’s so delicious and easy to make.
My hubby’s favorite is serving this over Pepperidge Farm Puff Pastry Shells but when I can’t find them I use the sheets and cut them.
This is comfort food, perfect to serve year-round. I always make extra and double up this recipe because it freezes well. so it’s great when you don’t feel like cooking you can just pull a container out of the freezer and you have dinner.
Chicken a la King is one of lick the bowl clean recipes in our house!
Make this Chicken a la King today!
Chicken a la King
This is what we call comfort food in our house. It brings back childhood memories. And best of all it is simple to make and is always a big hit in our house.
Servings: 8 servings
- 2 1/.2 cups chicken breast, cooked and chopped, shredded
- 2 cans of cream of chicken soup
- 1/2 cup of chicken broth
- 2 tbsp butter
- 1 cup of frozen whole kernel corn
- 1 cup of frozen cut green beans
- 1 cup of peas and carrots mixed
- 1 pkg. Pepperidge Farm Puff Pastry or whatever biscuits you like
- 1/2 cup diced onion
- 1/2 cup diced mushrooms optional
- 1/2 cup whole milk or half and half
- salt and pepper to taste
- * NOTE I let my veggies defrost overnight in the fridge.
Cook chicken breasts in a pot of salted boiling water until just cooked. Take out of water and let cool. Chop or shred when cool.
- In a medium pot add butter and onion. Cook until translucent. Add defrosted veggies and mushrooms if your using them and sautee a bit.
- Add soup salt, pepper and milk or half and half. Add chopped or shredded chicken and simmer until heated through.
- Pour over Puff Pastry of whatever biscuit your using. Great over mashed potatoes also!! YUM!!!
- Note: I always double this recipe. It freezes well and comes in handy on a night you don’t feel like cooking