Chocolate Cream Pie with Marshmallow Meringue – A simple pecan pie crust, rich chocolate cream filling and marshmallow meringue topping. This pie is luscious!
Chocolate Cream Pie with Marshmallow Meringue is the pie you will want to serve for any occasion.
This is the perfect pie for anyone that loves chocolate cream pies but this one has that marshmallow meringue that gives it that little extra something. And one of my favorite parts is the pecan crust. It goes so well with the chocolate cream filling.
This is a rich, decadent yet light and scrumptious dessert. Very easy to make and yet company worthy. Add some whipped cream and a few mini chocolate chips to decorate and you have a pretty presentation for company.
I really think the combination of the pecan crust and the marshmallow meringue make this quite different than your average chocolate cream pie. Plus the filling isn’t made with pudding. No sir, this is all homemade. Yet is really is a simple pie to make. Make it once and you will make it again guaranteed! This pie is quite different than my Chocolate Meringue Pie .
The filling is simple to make Using a medium saucepan, combine the milk and chocolate chips. Place sauce pan over high heat and gradually stir until melted, about 1-2 minutes. In a large bowl, mix together the egg yolk, and sugar until the eggs turn a pale yellow. Mix in the cornstarch, salt, and vanilla until combined. Gradually combine the chocolate mixture into the egg mixture. Make sure you are whisking the egg mixture while pouring the chocolate mixture into it to avoid scrambling the eggs. Pour the combined mixture back into the sauce pan and place on the stove on medium to high heat and bring to a boil while gradually whisking the mixture. Remove from heat and whisk for about 2 minutes.
The filling is not as rich and chocolatey as your normal chocolate pie but believe me this pie is just as delicious. It is a must make recipe!
It goes quick so you may want to make a couple if your serving it for a family function or holiday.
Make this Chocolate Cream Pie with Marshmallow Meringue today!
Chocolate Cream Pie with Marshmallow Meringue
Chocolate Cream Pie with Marshmallow Meringue - A simple pecan pie crust, rich chocolate cream filling and marshmallow meringue topping. This pie is luscious!
- 1 cup flour
- 1/2 cup unsalted sweet cream butter, melted
- 1/2 cup light brown sugar
- 3/4 cups pecans, chopped
Chocolate Creme layer ingredients
- 1 1/2 cups whole milk
- 1/2 cup semi sweet chocolate chips
- 3 egg yolks
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 2 tbsp corn starch
- 1/8 tsp kosher salt
- 1 tsp pure vanilla extract
Marshmallow Meringue ingredients
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 7 oz jars marshmallow creme
- 6 arge egg whites, room temp
- 2 tsp cream of tartar
- 2 tsp pure vanilla extract
- 1/2 tsp kosher salt
- 1/2 cup mini chocolate chips for topping
- Crust Directions:1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees2. In a large bowl combine the melted butter, flour, brown sugar and pecans with a fork3. Push crust into a 9 inch pie dish and bake in the oven for 15-20 minutes or just until the crust begins to brownChocolate creme directions1.Using a medium sauce pan, combine the milk and chocolate chips2.Place sauce pan over high heat and gradually stir until melted, about 1-2 minutes3.In a large bowl, mix together the egg yolk, and sugar until the eggs turn a pale yellow4.Mix in the cornstarch, salt, and vanilla until combined5.Gradually combine the chocolate mixture into the egg mixture. Make sure you are whisking the egg mixture while pouring the chocolate mixture into it to avoid scrambling the eggs6.Pour the combined mixture back into the sauce pan and place on the stove on medium to high heat and bring to a boil while gradually whisking the mixture.7.Remove from heat and whisk for about 2 minutes8.Pour chocolate creme into the baked pie crust9.Cover the chocolate creme with plastic wrap and place into the fridge for 5 hoursMarshmallow Meringue Directions:1.In a large bowl, scoop the marshmallow fluff into the bowl and set aside2.Using a standing mixer, beat the egg whites, salt and cream of tarter until foamy.3.Gradually beat in the sugar into the egg whites until stiff peaks form4.Gently fold in the egg whites into the marshmallow fluff until fully incorporated5.Spoon half of the marshmallow meringue into a piping bag and the other half onto the top of the pie6.Spread evenly with a knife7.Pipe meringue all across the top of the pie8.Preheat oven to 350 degrees or you can use a kitchen flame torch9.Using the oven, place pie in middle rack for 5-8 minutes or until the meringue is lightly browned10.Using a flame torch, lightly toast the meringue11. Sprinkle mini chocolate chips onto the top of the pie