These Cream Cheese Sugar Cookies are a super tasty, super soft take on an old favorite. A simple sugar cookie recipe is tweaked just a bit with cream cheese for something deliciously unexpected.
Over the years, we’ve made our fair share of sugar cookies, but this recipe with cream cheese might just be our favorite. Let us tell you, you haven’t lived until you’ve had these cookies!
Table of contents
❤️ Why You’ll Love This Recipe
- It’s an easy recipe that even beginners can make.
- It only uses a few simple ingredients.
- Everyone loves sugar cookies!
The following are affiliate links. We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
These delicious sugar cookies only use a few simple ingredients. We’re listing the big players below, but you’ll find the complete recipe along with amounts in the recipe card at the end of the post.
- Softened cream cheese
- Red and green sprinkles
🔪 How to Make Cream Cheese Sugar Cookies
Making these cookies couldn’t be simpler. You’ll be in and out of the kitchen in no time.
Step 1: Prep
Preheat the oven to 350 degrees and line a baking sheet with parchment paper. Set aside.
Step 2: Combine the Dry Ingredients
Combine the baking powder, baking soda, salt, and flour in a bowl. Set aside.
Step 3: Combine the Wet Ingredients
In another bowl, beat the sugar, cream cheese, and butter until smooth and creamy. Then, add the egg and vanilla and beat to combine.
Step 4: Make the Cookie Dough
Add the dry ingredients to the wet and mix until combined.
Step 5: Bake
Use a cookie scoop to scoop out balls of dough. Place them on the prepared baking sheet and lightly press the top of each ball flat. Add sprinkles. Bake for 10 to 12 minutes until the edges just being to brown.
Step 6: Cool
Cool the cookies for 5 minutes on the cookie sheet, then transfer them to a wire rack to cool completely.
Do you want to change up this recipe and make it your own? Here are some ways that you can do that!
- Sprinkles: Use any colored sprinkles to make these cookies for any holiday.
- Iced: Dip the tops of these cookies in cream cheese icing for even more cream cheese flavor.
If you like the sound of these cookies, then you’ll want to try out Amish sugar cookies.
You’ll only need a few simple items to make these cookies.
- Measuring cups and spoons
- Mixing bowls
- Cookie sheet
- Parchment paper
You can store these cookies for up to a week in a covered container at room temperature. For longer storage, refrigerate them for up to 2 weeks.
There’s really almost nothing that can go wrong with these cookies. Just remember a couple of things.
- Fully soften your butter and cream cheese for easy creaming and proper mixing.
- Be sure to remove the cookies when the edges just start to brown and let them cool on the cookie sheet for 5 minutes. This makes them perfectly baked.
Do you have questions about this recipe? Here are the answers to the most commonly asked questions.
They’re simple cookies with butter, sugar, flour, eggs, vanilla, and either baking powder or baking soda as the main ingredients.
They’re similar but not the same. The biggest difference is that sugar cookies are often rolled or shaped, while butter cookie dough is almost battery and usually piped onto the cookie sheet.
Adding cream cheese makes a richer, softer, and creamier cookie.
🍽 More Recipes
Do you enjoy cookies? Then try these delicious recipes:
📌 PIN IT!!
Want to make this recipe? Print the recipe card below, or pin this recipe, so you can find it later.
Cream Cheese Sugar Cookies
- Measuring Cups and Spoons
- mixing bowls
- Cookie sheet
- parchment paper
- 2 ½ cups flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1 ½ cups sugar
- 8 ounces cream cheese softened
- ½ cup butter softened
- 1 egg
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- Red and green sprinkles optional
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees and line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Whisk together the baking powder, baking soda, and salt. Set aside.
- In a separate bowl, beat together the sugar, cream cheese, and butter until smooth and creamy.
- Add the egg and vanilla and beat to combine.
- Add dry ingredients to wet ingredients and mix together.
- Use a cookie scoop to scoop the dough into balls. Place the ball on the lined baking sheet and lightly press the top of each cookie flat. Add sprinkles on top, if desired.
- Bake 10 to 12 minutes, until the edges of the cookies are just beginning to brown.
- Allow the cookies to cool for five minutes on the cookie sheet, then transfer to a wire cooling rack to cool completely.