Easy Creamy Burrito Casserole – This easy casserole recipe is filled with ground beef and loaded with cheese. It’s a one dish meal your family will love.
My family devoured this casserole. Yes it was a big hit. And you will be thrilled at how easy it is to throw together! Who doesn’t love anything easy and delicious?
This is something I make when I have to make something quick and easy. So if you love easy dinner ideas, this recipe is for you.
I always have everything in the pantry and fridge to make this. And we love anything Tex- Mex. It is always a favorite and there are never any leftovers.
- 1 1/2 lb Ground Beef
- 1/2 medium Yellow Onion chopped
- 3 Tbsp. of my Homemade Taco Seasoning Mix or 1 package taco seasoning
- 6 large Flour Tortillas
- 1 16 ounce can Refried Beans
- 1/4 cup water or milk
- 3 cups shredded Taco Cheese or more if you like it very cheesy like we do
- 1 10 3/4 ounce can cream of mushroom soup
- 4 ounces sour cream
- 12 oz. Salsa of your choice
- Brown ground beef and onion; drain well.
- Add taco seasoning and stir in refried beans.
- Add 1/4 cup water or milk to this so the beans become more creamy. I use milk.
- Mix soup and sour cream together in a bowl.
- Spread 1/2 sour cream mixture in the bottom of a casserole dish. I use a 9 x 11 size for this.
- Stack the tortillas and slice them into 8 even triangles.
- Spread 3 of the tortillas over the sour cream and soup mixture into spread over sour cream mixture.
- Put 1/2 the meat and bean mixture over that.
- Add a layer of cheese. And spread some salsa over the cheese
- Repeat the layers.
- Sprinkle cheese over the top and bake, uncovered, at 350°F for 30 -45 minutes
- Top with more salsa, avocado, cheese , ect.