Big Mac Tacos combines two of everyone’s favorite meals into one delicious recipe. Flour tortillas are loaded with ground beef, cheese, lettuce, onions, pickles, and Thousand Island dressing.
We love tacos, and we love Big Macs. So we put them together and made these fantastic tacos. They’re so easy to make, and they’re perfect for any occasion from family dinners to potlucks!
Table of contents
❤️ Why You’ll Love This Recipe
- It only takes a handful of ingredients to make.
- It’s an easy recipe that only takes a few minutes to make.
- It’s loaded with the beefy, cheesy, sweet, and tangy flavors of a Big Mac!
You’ll only need a few simple ingredients to make this recipe, and you can find them all easily at your local grocery store. Be sure to check the recipe card at the end of the post for exact quantities.
- Lean ground beef
- Flour tortillas
- American cheese
- Shredded iceberg lettuce
- Diced onions
- Thousand Island dressing
- Pickle slices
- Salt and pepper
🔪 How to Make Big Mac Tacos
Making these tacos is just as easy as shopping for them. It only takes a few minutes and a few simple steps, and you’ll be out of the kitchen in no time!
Step 1: Top the Tortillas
Divide the meat into 8 equal portions and spread evenly over 8 tortillas in a thin layer. Sprinkle with salt and pepper.
Step 2: Cook
Place one of the tortillas beef-side down in a medium skillet over medium heat. Cook for 2 to 3 minutes until the beef is cooked through and browned. Then, flip the tortilla and cook for 30 seconds.
Step 3: Add Cheese
Transfer the tortilla to a plate and add a slice of cheese on top of the beef. Repeat the process of cooking the beef and topping it with cheese until all the tortillas are finished.
Step 4: Finish the Tacos
Top the beef and cheese with pickles, lettuce, onions, and dressing. Fold in half and enjoy!
Do you want to change up this recipe and make it your own? Here are some ways that you can do that!
- Spicy – Add red pepper flakes or diced jalapenos to the beef before cooking.
- Ground Beef – You can use ground turkey or even chorizo in place of beef.
- American Cheese – Use your favorite sliced cheese for this recipe.
If you think these Big Mac tacos look good, then we think you’ll love these Big Mac pinwheels.
- Measuring cups and spoons
- Medium skillet
If you have extra tacos, store them in an air-tight container in the refrigerator for up to 3 days. We advise storing without the toppings.
- 90/10 lean ground beef is best for this recipe because you’ll be cooking the beef and tortillas together.
- Add the cheese as soon as you remove the tortilla from the skillet to ensure it melts.
- If you have too many tacos, store them without the toppings.
Do you have questions about this recipe? Here are the answers to the most commonly asked questions.
Big Mac tacos are flour tortillas that are filled with ground beef, cheese, lettuce, onions, pickles, and Thousand Island dressing.
Thousand Island and Big Mac sauce aren’t the same, but they’re extremely similar. Big Mac sauce is a bit tangier than Thousand Island dressing.
Big Mac tacos are actually pretty darn healthy. The ground beef is super lean, and the only high-calorie part of the recipe is the drizzled Thousand Island dressing.
🍽 More Recipes
Do you enjoy tacos? Then try these delicious recipes:
📌 PIN IT!!
Want to make this recipe? Print the recipe card below, or pin this recipe, so you can find it later.
Big Mac Tacos
- large skillet
- 1 pound 90/10 ground beef
- 8 soft taco size flour tortillas
- 8 slices American cheese
- 2 cup shredded iceberg lettuce
- 1/2 cup diced onion
- ½ cup thousand island dressing
- Pickle slices
- Salt and pepper
- Divide the meat into 8 equal portions.
- Spread each portion of meat on a tortilla into a thin layer.
- Sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- Heat a medium skillet over medium heat.
- Place on of the tortillas beef side down in the pan.
- Cook for 2-3 minutes until the beef is cooked through and browned.
- Flip the tortilla over and let cook 30 seconds on that side.
- Remove from the pan and place a slice of cheese on the beef.
- Repeat with the other tortillas.
- Top each taco with pickle, lettuce, onion and drizzle with the dressing.
- Fold like tacos and serve!