Easy Greek Chicken and Potatoes – This simple dish is prepared in single pan. It is an easy weeknight dinner and one of our family favorites.
Easy Greek chicken and Potatoes is really a quick and easy meal to make. It’s one of those recipes that once you prepare it once, you can almost prepare it off the top of your head. The thing that is most time consuming I would say (and it really isn’t) Is I like to cook the chicken on the cooktop for a few minutes .
It takes about 5 minutes. I just like how the skin is extra crispy that way. You could skip this as the skin is crispy anyway but it’s just not as crispy as I like. Try it both ways and see what you think.
In a small bowl squeeze the juice of 2 1/2 lemons, 1/3 cup extra virgin olive oil, black pepper, oregano, minced garlic. Mix well and pour over chicken, onions and potatoes. I also add 1/2 lemon cut into slices .
So you see this is really such a simple dish. And my family loves it so it is a win win for me.
I love the lemony garlic flavor of this Easy Greek chicken and Potatoes!
Yummy! Make this deliciou, easy recipe now!
Easy Greek Chicken with Potatoes
This simple dish is prepared in single pan. It is an easy weeknight dinner and one of our family favorites.
- 6 chicke thighs or assorted chicken pieces of your choice
- 2 medium lemons
- 1/3 cup extra virgin olive oil
- fresh ground pepper to taste
- sea salt to taste
- 2 tbsp ground oregano
- 9 garlic cloves minced
- 6 medium white potatoes cut into wedges
- 1/2 medium onion sliced
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Salt chicken breast and cook chicken in 2 tbsp olive oil until just browned on both sides. About 3 minutes each side.Lay the chicken on the sheet pan. Lay potatoes and onion around chicken pieces In a small bowl mix lemon juice, olive oil, oregano, and minced garlic. Pour over chicken and potatoes making sure potatoes are all covered. I use a basting brush to make sure chicken is well covered.Roast the chicken and potatoes until both are golden and crispy and the chicken is cooked through, about 50 minutes - 1 hour depending on your oven.
Copyright © Maria’s Mixing Bowl. All content and images are copyright protected. Do not use any images without prior permission. If you want to republish this recipe, make sure to re-write the recipe in your own words and only list ingredients making sure to link back to this post for the original recipe and directions.