Easy Lemon Bars Recipe is lip smacking good! Best part it only takes 2 ingredients to make! Oh happy day because they go fast so we always make a double batch.
Easy Lemon Bars – the perfect dessert when you have 5 minutes to make something!
You start by adding to a tall bowl 1 box of angel food cake and 1 can of lemon pie filling. The reason you want to use a tall bowl is because the angel food cake mix is like baby powder and as you mix it can fly away very easily so using a tall bowl makes it easier. Add the cake mix first then the lemon pie filling on top. Mix with a spatula folding together until it it light and fluffy.
Spray a 9 X 13 in. glass baking dish and pour mix into it. Bake in a 350 degree preheated oven for about 20 -25 minutes. My oven cooks hot so mine were done at 20 minutes.
The first time I make these Easy Lemon Bars I was a bit unsure about just mixing 2 things together and having them taste this good. But I was pleasantly surprised and happy!
Make these delicious Easy Lemon Bars today!
- 1 16 oz. Betty Crocker Angel Food Cake Mix
- 1 21 oz can Lemon Pie Filling
- Powdered Sugar for dusting (optional)
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
2. In large mixing bowl, stir together cake mix and lemon pie filling until well combined.
3. Spray 9×13 baking dish with nonstick cooking spray.
4. Transfer mixture into baking dish, and spread out evenly.
5. Bake for approx. 20-25 minutes, or until done. My oven cooks hot so 20 minutes is perfect for me.
6. Remove from oven, and allow to cool.
7. Optional - dust with powdered sugar before slicing
We find bars taste best if they are cold so we keep them refrigerated.