Strawberry Angel Food Cake Dessert
This Strawberry Angel Food Cake Dessert is a true delight to eat. If you’re looking for a light and delicious dessert that will be devoured in no time this is it!
The next time that you’re craving a simple summer cake that has loads and loads of flavor, this Strawberry Angel Food Cake Dessert recipe needs to happen. And in all honesty, there’s no reason to wait to make it at all! It’s great for brunch or a fun weekend treat and it’s plenty big to share. (or enjoy all to yourself!)
We make this dessert often since it’s so simple. We make it in an 8×8 pan but it can easily be doubled in a 9×13 pan to take to family gatherings, potlucks and BBQ’s! As a matter of fact this is the perfect cake for a gathering. It takes minutes to make since it’s semi-homemade. Most of the work is already done for you!
We always have events that require something simple, tastes delicious and won’t take a whole lot of effort to put together. This Strawberry Angel Food Cake Dessert fit’s the bill each and every time.
How to make this cake
1.) Stir together all of the strawberry filling ingredients in a medium saucepan. Bring the mixture to a simmer and cook until thickened, 5-7 minutes, stirring often. Remove from the heat. Add more drops of food coloring if needed.
5.) You will want to chill it in the fridge for at least 2 hours before serving.
You can you fresh or frozen strawberries for this recipe. I prefer fresh but frozen will do if you can’t find nice fresh ones.
Why does Angel Food Cake have a hole in the middle?
Such a legit question! The whole in the middle of the Angel Food Cake is there so that the cake bakes the same all the way through. Talk about smart, right? Although, since we love the middle of the cake we do miss not having that part. But we also appreciate the fact that our angel food cakes are always cooked up to perfection as well.
What makes an angel food cake stand out from other cakes?
Even though you’re not making the cake homemade in this recipe, it doesn’t mean that you can’t appreciate the process. Angel food cakes are so fluffy and delicious that they really are quite superior to some of the other cake textures out there. This is because most Angel Food cakes have more eggs than other cake recipes so it adds to their height and flavor.
The next time that you’re craving a delicious and easy dessert recipe that just screams summer delight, make up this strawberry angel food cake dessert.
In no time at all, you’ll be sitting out on your patio and treating yourself and your tastebuds to a truly delicious treat!
OTHER DESSERTS YOU WILL LOVE:
Strawberry Angel Food Cake Dessert
- 6 ounces fresh or frozen strawberries, quartered
- 1 tablespoons granulated sugar
- 1 tablespoons cornstarch
- 2 tablespoons water
- 1/2 tablespoon lemon juice
- a few drops of red food coloring
CAKE AND CREAM
- 1/2 of an angel food cake, cut into 1-inch cubes
- 8 ounces cream cheese, softened to room temperature
- 1/3 cup evaporated milk
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 3/4 cup heavy cream
- 2 tablespoons powdered sugar
- Stir together all of the strawberry filling ingredients in a medium saucepan. Bring the mixture to a simmer and cook until thickened, 5-7 minutes, stirring often. Remove from the heat. Add more drops of food coloring if needed.
- For the cake and cream layer, in a large bowl, whip together the cream cheese, evaporated milk, and sugar until smooth and creamy. Fold in the angel food cake cubes.
- For the whipped cream, beat together the heavy cream and powdered sugar until soft peaks form.
- To assemble, spread half of the angel food cake mixture in the bottom of a 8x8 baking dish. Spoon half of the strawberry filling over the angel food cake layer. Repeat these two layers, and spread the whipped cream over the top.
- Chill in the fridge at least 2 hours before serving.