Easy Sauteed Vegetables with Rice – Delicious flavored rice side dish that goes with almost any meal! Ready in 20 minutes and always a hit!
This Easy Sauteed Vegetables with Rice is so easy to throw together. First you can use any veggies you have in your fridge. I used mushrooms, red peppers, snap peas, onions, chopped garlic, shredded carrots and zucchini and some seasonings.
I saute the veggies in butter and a bit of olive oil along with the chopped garlic.
Once the veggies were just tender I added 1/4 cup white wine and let it reduce. Now you can skip this process if you like but we like the flavor with the butter and garlic. Let the wine cook down for a minute or two.
Once the wine had reduced I use VeeTee Basmati rice. I microwaved the rice for 2 minutes then mixed it with the veggies. You can also add it right to the veggies and let it cook for 2 minutes in the pan just make sure you cook the veggies a little less if your going to do that.
Once the rice is mixed in with the vegetables top with chopped scallions and your done.
Make this delicious Easy Sauteed Vegetables with Rice today!
Easy Sauteed Vegetables with Rice
Easy Sauteed Vegetables with Rice - Delicious flavored rice side dish that goes with almost any meal! Ready in 20 minutes and always a hit!Print Pin Rate
- 1/3 cup snap peas chopped
- 1/2 cup red pepper chopped
- 1/4 medium onion chopped
- 1/2 small zucchini, cut and chopped
- 1/4 cup shredded carrots
- 2 garlic cloves minced
- 2 tbsp butter
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1/4 cup white wine
- 1/8 tsp black pepper
- salt to taste
- 1/8 tsp dried basil
- 2 scallions, chopped for garnish
- Chop all vegetables and mince garlic. Place olive oil and butter in a medium-large skillet. Add all vegetables to pan including garlic and stir to saute. Do not add scallion. Let vegetables cook for a few minutes then add wine. Let wine cook and evaporate a bit. In the meantime microwave the VeeTee Rice https://www.veetee.com/us/ . Once the rice is done take the veggies of the heat and stir in the rice. Add salt, black pepper and basil and toss together. Top with scallions.
You can substitute chicken broth for the white wine if you like.