Baked Zucchini Sticks take the sensibilities of fried zucchini and transfer them to a healthy baked dish that’s full of flavor and has no grease whatsoever!
We love to make these baked zucchini sticks for appetizers, sides, or just because we have a lot of extra zucchini in the garden. They’re easy to make and so good!
Table of contents
- ❤️ Why You’ll Love This Recipe
- 🔪 How to Make Baked Zucchini Sticks
- 🥄 Equipment
- 🥫 Storage
- 💭 Tips
- ⁉️ FAQ
- 🍽 More Recipes
- 🧾Baked Zucchini Sticks
- 📌 PIN IT!!
❤️ Why You’ll Love This Recipe
- They’re crispy and loaded with flavor, and they’re so much healthier than fried zucchini.
- They make the perfect healthy way to enjoy a decidedly unhealthy classic!
- This is the perfect appetizer to serve with Italian recipes during zucchini season.
The following are affiliate links. We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
- Medium zucchinis
- Panko breadcrumbs
- Garlic powder
- Italian seasoning
- Salt and pepper
- Marinara sauce for dipping
See the recipe card below for quantities.
🔪 How to Make Baked Zucchini Sticks
It doesn’t take much effort to make these delicious zucchini sticks. They’re an easy recipe that anyone can make.
Step 1: Prep
Preheat the oven to 400 degrees and line a baking sheet with parchment paper. Then, cut the zucchini into thin strips by removing the ends, then cutting the zucchini in half and each half into thirds. Finally, cut each third into strips.
Step 2: Make the Dredge Station
Whisk egg and milk together in a shallow bowl to make an egg wash. In another bowl, combine the bread crumbs, garlic powder, and Italian seasoning. In a third bowl, combine the flour salt, and pepper.
Step 3: Coat the Zucchini
Dip each zucchini strip into the egg mixture, then the flour mixture, the egg mixture again, and finally, the breadcrumb mixture.
Step 4: Bake
Place each zucchini stick onto the prepared baking sheet and spray each piece liberally with nonstick spray. Then, bake the zucchini sticks for 25 to 30 minutes or until golden brown. Enjoy with marinara sauce, ranch dressing, or your favorite dipping sauce!
Do you want to change up this recipe and make it your own? Here are some ways that you can do that!
- Spicy – Add cayenne or red pepper flakes to the flour dredge for a kick of heat.
- Cheesy – Add shredded parmesan cheese to the breadcrumb mixture.
- Herbs: Add more flavor to this family favorite recipe by adding onion powder and fresh herbs to the breadcrumb mixture.
Try out other delicious, crispy zucchini recipe. It’s so good!
You’ll only need a few simple pieces of kitchen equipment to make this easy recipe.
- Baking sheet or rimmed cookie sheet
- Parchment paper
Store leftovers in an airtight container in the refrigerator for about 2 days.
This is a very straightforward recipe. As a result, there aren’t a ton of tips to be had for this one. We only have a couple. They’re easy, but they can make a big difference.
- Gently tap your zucchini sticks after each dipping to ensure you have the perfect amount of coating.
- You can place your zucchini on a paper towel and gently pat them dry to remove any excess liquid you might have.
- Make sure that you lay the zucchini in a single layer on your baking sheet so that they cook evenly.
- I like to use small to medium zucchini for this recipe as they are more tender.
- For extra crispy zucchini spears, add a wire rack to your baking pan and place the breaded zucchini on the rack when baking. Since zucchini has a high water content this will prevent the zucchini from getting soggy and give you crispy baked zucchini fries every time.
- Be sure to spray your baking sheet well with nonstick cooking spray so that your zucchini sticks do not stick to the baking sheet.
Do you have questions about this parmesan zucchini fries recipe? Here are the answers to the most commonly asked questions for this zucchini strips recipe.
They’ll last for about 2 days in the refrigerator.
We don’t recommend it. Both the zucchini and the breading will suffer from freezing and thawing.
Place them on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper and bake at 350 for about 10 minutes or until hot and crispy.
🍽 More Zucchini Recipes
Do you enjoy zucchini? Then, try these delicious recipes:
- Crispy Zucchini Fritters
- Carrot Zucchini Bread
- Crispy Zucchini Bites with Aioli Dip
- Baked Zucchini with Parmesan
- Zucchini Chocolate Chip Cookies
📌 PIN IT!!
🧾Baked Zucchini Sticks
Want to make this recipe? Print the recipe card below, or pin this recipe, so you can find it later.
Baked Zucchini Sticks
- Baking sheet or rimmed cookie sheet
- parchment paper
- 2 medium zucchinis
- 1 cup flour
- 1 cup panko breadcrumbs
- ¼ cup milk
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- Salt and pepper
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees and line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Whisk together the egg and milk in one shallow bowl.
- In another shallow bowl or plate, stir together the breadcrumbs, garlic powder, and Italians seasoning.
- Combine the flour, salt, and pepper in a third shallow bowl.
- Cut the zucchini into thin strips by first removing the ends. Then, cut the zucchini in half and cut each half into thirds. After that, cut each third into strips.
- Dip each zucchini strip in the egg mixture, then flour mixture, then back in the egg mixture, then in the breadcrumb mixture. Transfer the coated zucchini pieces to the lined baking sheet.
- After all the zucchini is coated in breadcrumbs, spray each piece liberally with nonstick cooking spray.
- Place the baking sheet in the oven and bake for 25 to 30 minutes, until golden brown.
- Serve with marinara sauce for dipping, if desired.
Leave a Reply