Homemade 3 Musketeers brings one of the most beloved candy bars in the country right into your kitchen. They’re smooth, creamy, and loaded with chocolate just like the original.
Copycats are a thing of beauty, aren’t they? From main courses to sweet treats like this one, it’s so much fun to enjoy our favorite foods made from scratch. These delicious candy bars are the definition of what copycat recipes are all about!
These super easy copycat 3 ingredient 3 musketeers taste SO good! They taste just like the real deal! You’ll want to make these all the time!
Table of contents
❤️ Why You’ll Love This Recipe
- It uses 3 simple ingredients.
- It’s incredibly easy to make.
- It’s loaded with the fluffy, chocolaty flavor of 3 Musketeers.
The following are affiliate links. We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
When we say you only need a handful of ingredients, we mean that literally. Check out the recipe card at the end of the post for amounts.
- Milk chocolate chips
- Whipped topping
- Chocolate almond bark
🔪 How to Make Homemade 3 Musketeers
This is an incredibly easy recipe to make. There are a few steps, most of which are prep and chilling, and that’s it!
Step 1: Prep
Line an 8×8 pan with parchment paper with the paper overlapping the outer edges.
Step 2: Melt the Chocolate
Melt the chocolate chips in a microwaveable bowl at 30-second intervals, stirring between each interval until completely melted.
Step 3: Make the 3 Musketeers Filling
Add whipped topping to the melted chocolate and beat on high with an electric mixer until completely blended and fluffy.
Step 4: Chill
Spread the mixture evenly into the baking pan and freeze for 30 minutes.
Step 5: Cut
Remove the chilled mixture and cut a thin line around the outside edge to neaten it up. Then, cut the entire thing into bite-size candy bars. Place in the freezer again.
Step 6: Melt the Almond Bark
Melt the almond bark in a microwaveable bowl at 30-second intervals, stirring between each until completely melted.
Step 7: Coat and Chill
Remove the bars from the freezer and dip them into the melted chocolate. Place them back on the parchment paper and chill in the freezer or refrigerator for 20 minutes. Enjoy!
Do you want to change up this recipe and make it your own? Here are some ways that you can do that!
- Press an almond into the top of each square before the first chill for something a little different.
- Use semi-sweet or dark chocolate to add a twist to the filling.
Check out our other sweet copycat recipe, copycat Doubletree chocolate chip cookies. You’ll love them.
Like the ingredients for this recipe, you’ll only need a scant handful of items to make it.
- Measuring cup
- Microwaveable bowl
- Baking pan
- Parchment paper
Store these homemade 3 Musketeers in an air-tight container in the refrigerator for up to a week or freeze them in an air-tight container for up to 2 months.
We have a couple of tips here to help make things easier and to make these candy bars look a little more like the original, too.
- Use 2 forks to make it easy to dip the bars in the almond bark and then remove them.
- Use a fork to drizzle melted almond bark over the top to make the classic 3 Musketeers look.
Do you have questions about this recipe? Here are the answers to the most commonly asked questions.
We all know they’re a delicious candy bar, but you might not know what it’s filled with. These candy bars are made with a fluffy whipped mousse center that’s coated with chocolate.
Absolutely. The combination of whipped topping and melted chocolate mimics the mousse of the original bars perfectly.
They’ll last for a week in the fridge or up to 2 months in the freezer.
🍽 More Recipes
Do you enjoy chocolate? Then try these delicious recipes:
- Chocolate Covered Honeycomb Candy
- Christmas Chocolate Covered Strawberries
- Chocolate Cosmic Brownie Cake
📌 PIN IT!!
Want to make this recipe? Print the recipe card below, or pin this recipe, so you can find it later.
Homemade 3 Musketeers
- measuring cup
- Microwaveable Bowl
- Baking pan
- parchment paper
- 3 cups Milk chocolate chips
- 8 ounce whipped topping
- 24 ounce chocolate almond bark
- Line a 8×8 pan with parchment paper. Make sure there is an over lap of the paper over the edges!
- In a medium microwave safe bowl, melt down 3 cups at 30 seconds and stir each time until completely melted.
- Pour into a large mixing bowl.
- Use an electric mixer, mix on high for about 30 seconds, after add the whole container of whipped topping into the bowl. Beat on medium for about 1 minute. The mixture should be nice and fluffy!
- Spread mix into the parchment in the pan, spread evenly and freeze for 30 minutes.
- Remove from the freezer and move onto a hard flat surface. Cut a very thin line around the entire edge of the square so it cleans it up.
- Next cut into bite size candy bars, I made about 16.
- Spread out so they don’t freeze back together for 15 minutes.
- While the bars are in the freezer, melt the the almond bark in a microwave safe bowl for 30 seconds at a time, stir each time until completely melted.
- Bring bars out of freezer and dip into the yummy chocolate mix and place back on parchment paper.
- When all are dipped place back in freezer or fridge for 20 minutes.
- Now take a bite and enjoy!
- Store in a sealed container in the fridge for up to one week or the freezer for 2 months.
- Use two forks to help dip the bars into the almond bark
- After dipping, dip a fork into the chocolate and drizzle over the bars to make a cute design!
- You can use dark chocolate instead of milk chocolate!
Leave a Reply