Carrot Cake White Hot Chocolate Bombs give an Easter twist to one of our favorite sweet treats. White chocolate shells decorated with candy carrots are filled with white hot chocolate.
Hot chocolate bombs are such fun treats to make for any occasion. Everyone loves hot chocolate, and you can get so creative with your chocolate shells. These delicious carrot cake white hot chocolate bombs are the perfect example of that. They are as pretty as they are delicious, and they make great Easter gifts or simply to have on hand at your Easter gathering.
We make these delicious bombs every year. We love to give them to our nieces and nephews, and we also love to bring them to our Easter get-together as a fun treat for all to enjoy!
Carrot Cake White Hot Chocolate Bombs
These delicious hot chocolate bombs are so perfect for the Easter season. We take a shell of white melting chocolate and fill it with white hot chocolate and some carrot cake flavoring. Then, we decorate it with carrots made from colored white hot chocolate. It all turns into a hot, steaming cup of carrot cake-flavored white hot chocolate that is so delicious and really screams Easter.
These Carrot Cake White Hot Chocolate Bombs are so good, and they’re really easy to make. When you pour the hot milk over them, they melt, and bubble, and add such a special treat to a drink that everyone will love. These are really fun to serve, because they’re sure to be a real surprise. Trust me, keep this one in your favorites!
Carrot Cake White Hot Chocolate Bombs Ingredients
It only takes a few simple ingredients to make these delicious bombs. You’ll find them all easily at your local grocery store.
- White melting chocolate chips or almond bark
- White hot chocolate
- Carrot cake flavoring
**See the recipe card at the end of the post for quantities.
Carrot Cake White Hot Chocolate Bombs Instructions
There are several steps involved in making these bombs, but when you break them down, they’re all very easy. Here’s what you do.
Step 1: Melt the White Chocolate
Place two cups of the white chocolate chips or almond bark into a microwave-safe bowl and melt until smooth and creamy. Stir well.
Step 2: Make the Shells
Spoon or ladle the white chocolate into the molds, making sure to coat the insides thoroughly. Then, pour the excess chocolate back into the bowl. Place the molds in the refrigerator for 15 minutes to harden the chocolate.
Step 3: Fill the Shells
Remove the molds from the refrigerator and carefully remove the chocolate shells from them. Then, place six half balls in a row on a cookie sheet. These will be the bottom. Place the other 6 halves on the cookie sheet. Add 1 teaspoon of white hot chocolate and 1 teaspoon of carrot cake flavoring into the first 6 halves.
Step 4: Seal the Shells
Heat a nonstick skillet on low heat and place one of the white chocolate shells open side down onto it, melting it just slightly for a few seconds. Then place it on top of one of the filled shell halves. Repeat until all 6 balls are completed. Place them in the refrigerator for 30 minutes to set.
Step 5: Make the Chocolate Carrots
Add several drops of orange food coloring to the leftover melted white chocolate. Then, fill a candy carrot mold with the orange chocolate, filling up the part of the mold that would be the orange part of the carrot.
Next, add green a few drops of green food coloring to more melted white chocolate and fill the tops of the molds where the stem of the carrot would be. Place in the refrigerator for 30 minutes to set.
Step 6: Add Sprinkles
Place sprinkles in a flat dish and remove the white hot chocolate bombs from the refrigerator. Gently spoon melted white chocolate in a strip around the seam of the bombs. Then roll the strip in the sprinkles. Place the balls back onto the cookie sheet to let the sprinkles set into the chocolate.
Step 7: Add the Chocolate Carrots
When the candy carrots are firm to the touch, remove them from the mold and remove any jagged edges with a sharp knife. Then, melt a little more white chocolate in a microwave-safe bowl until smooth. Coat the back of a carrot with melted white chocolate and place it on top of one of the balls. Repeat until all balls have a candy carrot on them.
Step 8: Serve
When ready to serve place a ball in a large mug and pour 1 cup of hot milk over it. The balls will melt and the white hot chocolate, flavoring, and sprinkles will turn into white hot chocolate!
It only takes a few simple pieces of equipment to make these delicious white hot chocolate bombs.
- Silicone ball molds
- Carrot mold
- Measuring cups and spoons
Carrot Cake White Hot Chocolate Bombs Storage
These can be stored in a cool dry place for up to 2 months. For longer storage, you can freeze them for up to 6 months.
This is a relatively simple recipe, but we do have some tips to help make sure you create the best bombs possible.
Don’t Melt Too Much – Be careful to only leave the open side of the shells on the pan for a few seconds. You want the edges soft, you don’t want to accidentally melt part of the shell away.
Just Enough Chocolate in the Molds – Coat the inside of the molds thoroughly, but be careful not to make a shell that’s super thick or super thin.
A Gentle Touch – When adding the chocolate carrots, only press firmly enough to attach them. If you press too hard, you could bread the hot chocolate bomb shell.
More White Chocolate Recipes
If you like white chocolate, we have some recipes here that we think you’ll enjoy.
Carrot Cake White Hot Chocolate Bombs FAQ
If you have questions about these carrot cake white hot chocolate bombs, then read on. The following FAQ answers the most commonly asked questions about hot chocolate bombs.
How much chocolate should I pour into the molds?
If you’re a beginner, don’t be afraid to really pour the chocolate in there. You’ll just pour out the excess anyway. Thicker is better than too thin.
What brand of cocoa mix should I use?
You can use any brand that you like. Pick your favorite.
How do I know when I’ve melted the edges enough to seal the bombs?
You only need to place them on a warm skillet for a couple of seconds. If the edges look soft, they’re probably ready.
How long will these last?
They’ll last in a cool, dry place for up to 2 months and up to 6 months in the freezer.
How do I freeze these hot chocolate bombs?
Wrap them in a double layer of cling wrap and then place them in an air-tight, freezer-safe container or heavy-duty freezer bag.
Try These Carrot Cake White Hot Chocolate Bombs
These carrot cake white hot chocolate bombs are as cute as they are delicious. They’re the perfect Easter or spring treat for any occasion. Bring a bunch of them to your Easter get-together or simply have them on had as fun seasonal drinks to serve to company. However you choose to serve them, we know you’ll love them as much as we do.
MORE RECIPES YOU WILL LOVE:
Carrot Cake White Hot Chocolate Bombs
- 3 cups White Melting Chocolate – Chips or Almond Bark
- 1 jar White Hot Chocolate – about 1 heaping teaspoon in each White Chocolate Bomb
- 1 teaspoon Carrot Cake Flavoring – in each White Chocolate Bomb Natural Carrot Cake Artisan Flavor – Amoretti
- 6 cups Hot Milk
- 1 set Silicone Molds
- Melted White Chocolate to dip sides for Sprinkles and to secure Candy Carrots on top
- 1 package Sprinkles, any spring mix
- 1 Candy Carrot Mold – Amazon.com: Dress My Cupcake Chocolate Candy Mold, Small Carrots, Easter by Dress My Cupcake : Home & Kitchen
- Place two cups of the Chocolate in a Microwave safe bowl, and melt until smooth and creamy. Stir well, and spoon or ladle into the molds, making sure to coat the inside of the molds. Pour excess chocolate back into the bowl.
- Place the molds in the refrigerator, and let harden for 15 minutes. Remove molds from the refrigerator, and carefully remove chocolate from molds, placing 6 half balls in a row on a cookie sheet. These will be the bottom parts, or half of the White Chocolate Bombs.
- Place the other 6 half balls on the cookie sheet. Place 1 teaspoon of the Espresso, and 1 teaspoon of the Carrot Cake Flavoring in 6 of the balls.
- Heat a non stick Skillet, on low, and place one of the white chocolate half balls with the open side down in the skillet, melting just the edges for a few seconds, remove, and place the ball on top of the half balls with the White Chocolate, and Carrot Cake Flavoring, and hold for a few seconds until the top half sticks to the bottom half. Repeat, until all 6 Balls are done.
- When all the White Chocolate Bombs have been filled, and melted together, place them in the refrigerator for 30 minutes, until chocolate is completely set.
- While the Balls are in the refrigerator, drop several drops of Orange Food Coloring Gel into the melted White Chocolate, and fill the Candy Carrot mold with the Orange Chocolate, only in the part where the Carrot would be Orange.
- Melt another 1/2 cup of White Chocolate in the Microwave, and stir until smooth. Drop a few drops of Green Food Coloring Gel in the Melted Chocolate, and fill the tops of the Candy Carrot mold with the Green melted Chocolate, filling the stem sections of the mold. Place the mold in the refrigerator for about 30 minutes to set the Candy Carrots.
- Place the Sprinkles in a flat dish, and remove the White Chocolate Balls from the refrigerator. With a spoon, gently smooth melted White Chocolate all around the middle of the Balls, and gently roll the balls in the Sprinkles, sticking the Sprinkles all around the Balls. See Photo. Place the Balls back on the Cookie sheet to let the Sprinkles set in the Chocolate.
- When the Candy Carrots are firm to the touch, remove from the mold, and remove any jagged edges with a sharp knife. Place a little more of the White Chocolate in a microwave safe bowl, and microwave at 15 second intervals until the chocolate melts.
- Coat the back of the Candy Carrot with the melted chocolate, and place the Candy Carrot on top of the Balls, securing them with the White Chocolate. Allow the Candy Carrots to sit for about 30 minutes to make sure the chocolate is dry, and the Carrots are securely in place.
- Place large Mugs in front of each guest, and place the Balls in the Mug, and pour 1 cup of hot milk over the Balls. The Balls will melt in the Mug, and the White Hot Chocolate, flavoring, and Sprinkles will be in the Mug. Stir well, and add Whipped Cream to the top if desired. Serve, and Enjoy!