These Key Lie Pie Shots are the ideal party bite for any special occasion. Whether you’re hosting a birthday, anniversary, or holiday party, these delicious shooters are sure to be a hit! They’re also great for potlucks and gatherings with friends.
The Key Lie Pie Shots are made with layers of graham cracker crumbs, creamy key lime filling, and and sweet whipped cream. If you are looking for a summer filled adult treat to make your next party this is the recipe for you.
Table of contents
❤️ Why You’ll Love This Recipe
- They’re easy to make, with only simple ingredients.
- Plus, they look gorgeous and taste delicious.
- The sweet yet tart filling paired with the crunchy graham cracker crust is a crowd pleaser that you won’t want to miss.
You only need a few simple ingredients to help you make this great recipe. Make a quick trip to the grocery store and pick up these basic staples so that you can make these refreshing shots.
- Crushed Graham Crackers
- Cheesecake pudding
- Nellie and Joe’s Key Lime Juice
- Rum Chata
- Whipped cream
- Key Limes
- Neon Lime Food Coloring Gel
See the recipe card below for quantities.
🔪 How to Make Key Lime Pie Shots
Making these lime shots is so simple. Just follow the instructions below and you will have a new summer favorite shot recipe in no time at all.
Step 1: Make the graham cracker crumbs
Place the Graham Crackers in a blender, and pulse a few times to crush the Graham Crackers. Fill the bottom of each of the little shooter cups with the Graham Crackers.
Step 2: Make the pudding filling
In a bowl, place the Cheesecake Pudding, and add the Milk, Key Lime Juice, and Rum Chata, and stir until well blended.
Step 3: Add the food coloring
Add a few drops of the Neon Lime Food Coloring Gel, and stir until completely blended. Then dollop a layer of the pudding into the glasses.
Step 4: Top with whipped cream and chill
Top each of the Shooter cups with Reddi Whip whipped topping, and place in the refrigerator.
Step 5: Garnish and serve
Rinse and slice the Key Limes, and add a slice to each cup. Serve, and Enjoy!
Do you want to change up this recipe and make it your own? Here are some ways that you can do that!
- Liquor: Use other types of liqueurs such as coconut rum or triple sec.
- Topping: Add a graham cracker rim to the top of each cup for an extra crunch!
- Cookies: Instead of us graham crackers you can use vanilla wafers or Chessman cookies instead.
If you love delicious Key Lime desserts you may also enjoy this No Bake Key Lime Cheesecake recipe. It’s the perfect dessert to make when you want something refreshing and full of flavor.
You only need a few basic kitchen tools to help you make this this refreshing adult shooters recipe. Gather these tools and get ready to enjoy this delicious treat.
- blender or food processer
- mixing bowl
- shot glasses
Store these key lime shots in the fridge for up to three days. Make sure cover them tightly with plastic wrap to keep them fresh. I don’t not recommend freezing these lime shots because they will separate.
Here are a few tips that you can use to ensure that this lime recipe turns out perfectly for you when you make it.
- Make sure you combine all the ingredients together in a bowl before adding it to the cups. This will help ensure that the flavors are blended together nicely.
- If you don’t have neon food gel coloring, you can use regular green food coloring instead. Just make sure to add it slowly so as not to overwhelm your shots with food coloring.
Do you have questions about this recipe? Here are the answers to the most commonly asked questions.
A key lime is a smaller, more tart variety of lime than the larger traditional limes. Key limes are typically more fragrant and have a stronger flavor than regular limes.
No, it’s not recommended to freeze this recipe as it will separate after thawing.
Absolutely, you can use your favorite alcohol instead.
🍽 More Key Lime Recipes
Do you enjoy lime desserts, try these delicious recipes:
📌 PIN IT!!
Want to make this recipe? Print the recipe card below, or pin this recipe, so you can find it later.
Key Lime Pie Shots
- 1 1/2 Cups crushed Graham Crackers
- 6.8 ounces Cheesecake pudding mix two 3,4 ounce boxes
- 1/4 cup Nellie and Joe's Key Lime Juice
- 1/4 cup Rum Chata
- 1 cup Milk
- Reddi Whip – Whipped Topping
- 3 Key Limes – for slices
- Neon Lime Food Coloring Gel
- Place the Graham Crackers in a blender, and pulse a few times to crush the Graham Crackers.
- Fill the bottom of each of the little shooter cups with the Graham Crackers (see photo).
- In a bowl, place the Cheesecake Pudding, and add the Milk, Key Lime Juice, and Rum Chata, and stir until well blended. Add a few drops of the Neon Lime Food Coloring Gel, and stir until completely blended.
- Top each of the Shooter cups with Reddi Whip whipped topping, and place in the refrigerator.
- Rinse and slice the Key Limes, and add a slice to each cup. Serve, and Enjoy!