Mint Vodka Shooters
Mint Vodka Shooters make the perfect cocktail for any occasion. These extra fancy Jello shots feature the flavors of mint and chocolate with a kick of vodka and a topping of whipped cream.
From St. Patrick’s Day bashes to Christmas gatherings, summer parties, and everything in between, these tasty shots are the perfect addition to any party. We should know. We serve them at any event we can think of!
Are you looking for a fun and unique way to liven up your next party? Look no further than these delicious mint vodka shooters.
These mouth-watering treats are sure to be a hit with your friends, and they can easily be made in advance so that you don’t have to worry about making them right before the party. Let’s take a look at how you can make these delicious Jello shots!
Table of contents
❤️ Why You’ll Love This Recipe
- It only uses 7 simple ingredients.
- It’s easy to make and comes together quickly.
- The chocolate and mint flavors are delicious and perfect for any occasion.
The following are affiliate links. We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
This recipe only uses a handful of simple ingredients that are readily available at your local store. The main ingredients are listed here, but you’ll find the complete ingredient list along with amounts in the recipe card at the end of the post.
- Vanilla vodka
- Plain gelatin
- Jordan’s skinny mix – mint chocolate chip flavor
- Monin dark chocolate syrup
- Melted chocolate almond bark
- Whipped cream
- Mint leaves
🔪 How to Make Mint Vodka Shooters
Making these shooters is an incredibly easy affair. If you can make Jello, you can make these fun, tasty shots.
Step 1: Mix the Gelatin
Combine the gelatin with boiling water in a mixing cup. Stir until the powder is completely dissolved. Then, add the vodka and stir until everything is combined. Divide the gelatin into 2 mixing cups.
Step 2: Flavor the Gelatin
Add the chocolate syrup to one mixing bowl for the chocolate layers and mint chocolate chip skinny syrup to the other bowl for the mint layers.
Step 3: Layer the Shooters
Fill each shot glass about 1/4 full of the green gelatin. Wait for it to set, then add a layer of chocolate gelatin. Repeat until there are 4 layers in the shot glasses.
Step 4: Chill
Spoon the melted chocolate almond bark on the rim of each shot glass and let it run down the sides. Chill the shots in the refrigerator for at least 4 hours until fully set.
Step 5: Serve
Garnish each shot with whipped cream and a sprig of fresh mint and enjoy.
- Whipped Cream – You can use spray whipped cream or whipped topping.
- Vanilla Vodka – You can use mint vodka in place of vanilla.
- Chocolate Almond Bark – Use melted chocolate chips wit a bit of coconut oil.
If you think these layered shots look tasty, then check out our caramel apple Jello shots.
- Measuring cups and spoons
- Shot glasses
Store these shots in the refrigerator for up to 10 days without the whipped topping and chocolate garnish.
- Be sure your gelatin is fully dissolved before adding the vodka and other ingredients to ensure that your shots set properly.
- 4 hours is the minimum chill time for these shots but overnight is better.
- Add just enough melted almond bark to the rims of the glasses so that the chocolate dribbles down just a bit. You don’t want lines of chocolate all the way down your glasses.
Do you have questions about this recipe? Here are the answers to the most commonly asked questions.
Yes, you can but not for the reason you might think. Adding too much alcohol to Jello shots will prevent them from setting, leaving you with a perpetual thin jelly or simply liquid.
No. The amount of Jello shots you consume gets you drunker. Jello shots are sweet, and that sweetness masks some of the alcohol flavor in the shots. That leads to people consuming more shots and more alcohol than they think.
No. When frozen, Jello shots lose their texture and flavor.
🍽 More Recipes
Do you enjoy shots? Then try these delicious recipes:
📌 PIN IT!!
Want to make this recipe? Print the recipe card below, or pin this recipe, so you can find it later.
Mint Vodka Shooters
- Measuring cups
- Shot glasses
- 1 cup vanilla vodka
- 2 packages plain gelatin
- 1/2 cup boiling water
- 1/4 cup Jordan’s skinny mix – Mint chocolate chip flavored
- 2 tablespoons Monin dark chocolate syrup
- 1/2 cup melted chocolate almond bark
- whipped cream
- mint leaves as a garnish
- Start by combining the gelatin and the boiling water in a mixing cup. Stir until the powder is completely dissolved.
- Add the vodka and stir until everything is combined.
- Divide the gelatin mixture into 2 mixing cups, one for the chocolate layer and one for the green mint layer. Add chocolate syrup to one mixing cup and add mint chocolate chip skinny syrup to the other mixing cup.
- Pour the mixture into shot glasses, filling each one about 1/4 full, with the green layer first. Then, after that layer has set up, pour the chocolate layer on top of the green layer. You will have 4 layers when each shot is finished.
- Spoon melted chocolate on top of each shot glass and let it run down the sides.
- Place the jello shots in the refrigerator for at least 4 hours, until they are fully set.
- Serve chilled, with whipped cream and a sprig of fresh mint!