Lemon Icebox Cake
No Bake Lemon Icebox Cake is cool easy and refreshing. Sweet and tart this cake is always a winner! A fun twist on the original!
It just doesn’t get any easier than icebox cakes. They come together quick and make the perfect summer dessert. Lemon Icebox Cake happens to be a family favorite.
Not only is it no bake but it has the perfect sweet and taste lemon flavors that our family loves. Lemon is such a refreshing flavor when it comes to summer desserts. The flavor keeps them on the lighter side.
Lemon Icebox Cake
This is so good, you could eat the whole thing! Its so simple, and a real throw back to when these types of layered ice box desserts were all the rage, circa 1960’s. It’s really simple to put together, and it’s light, and cool, and everyone will love it.
You make it ahead, so you can do this the night before, and it will be ready when you need to serve it. Make sure to put this one in your favorites.
WHAT IS AN ICEBOX CAKE?
An icebox cake is made of layers of graham crackers and some sort of creamy filling. The fillings can be almost any creamy flavor you like.
The graham crackers get soft from the filling and the most amazing textures happen without having to bake anything!
This lemon icebox cake is just the thing to whip up when you need something for a potluck or quick dessert. Everybody knows we love no bake desserts no matter what time of year and this one seriously takes no time to make.
We made this ice box cake a little differently. We made it a few things we normally wouldn’t use for an icebox cake but the results were incredible!
It has layers of graham crackers between creamy lemony yogurt filling. And a layer of whipped topping that’s flavored with cheesecake pudding! Then lemon curd to top it all off. The lemon curd really packs a delicious lemon flavor!
Now if you don’t have graham crackers you could use Nilla wafers or a shortbread cookie. We chose to use the OUI Yogurt with a bit of lemon jello instead of the usual lemon pudding. And we added some jello cheesecake pudding to the cool whip. All for a change than an average than the average icebox cake. So you can really make it any way you like.
The first icebox cake I remember having was at a pot luck years ago. It had graham crackers, pudding ,sliced strawberries and cool whip.
I remember thinking how is that going to taste good?! It was delicious! That was my love affair with icebox cakes or anything no bake.
EASY ICEBOX LEMON CAKE
Making an icebox cake is super easy. It involves placing graham crackers in a dish then layering the filling on top. Then the refrigerator does the rest. Seriously so easy!
HOW LONG IS AN ICEBOX CAKE GOOD FOR?
This cake will keep for about 3 days. I don’t think it’s ever lasted that long or even made it to the fridge for leftovers in our house.
With it’s layers of cool, creamy lemon filling, graham crackers, flavored whipped topping and lemon curd. It’s an easy, refreshing no-bake dessert that is perfect for summer!
OTHER RECIPES YOU WILL LOVE:
Lemon Icebox Cake
- 1 box graham crackers
- 2 jars OUI lemon Yogurt 5 ounces
- 1 package lemon Jello
- 1 cup whole milk
- 1 package Jello cheesecake pudding 3.4 ounces
- 1 12 ounce tub Cool Whip
- 1 jar of Dickinson's Lemon Curd or your favorite brand
- Line the bottom of an 8X8 inch dish with a double layer of graham crackers, and set aside. Place the OUI Yogurt in a bowl, and add 1 heaping Tablespoon of the Lemon Jello, and stir until well blended.
- Pour the Yogurt over the graham crackers, and smooth evenly. Place another double layer of graham crackers on top of the yogurt.
- Mix the Cheesecake pudding with one cup of milk, and stir well.
- Spread the pudding evenly over the graham crackers.
- Place the dish in the refrigerator.
- Thaw the cool whip, and Blend 2 Tablespoon of lemon pudding into the cool whip.
- Remove the dish from the refrigerator, and place graham crackers over the pudding.
- Add the cool whip on top of the graham cracker, and smooth out evenly.
- Place the dish back in the refrigerator.
- After 2 hours, open the Lemon Curd, and spread the lemon curd smoothly on top of the cool whip layer.
- Place the dish back in the refrigerator, and chill for at least 4 hours, or overnight for best results.
- When ready to serve, cut in 2 X 3 inch pieces, and Enjoy!