This Lemon Loaf with Cheesecake Swirl is a must try for any lemon-lover. It combines the classic, tender texture of a loaf cake with a creamy cheesecake swirl, topped with a delicious lemon glaze! The combination of flavors is absolutely amazing and it’s sure to be your new favorite treat.
A bright lemon flavor like this dessert always reminds me of spring and summer, but you don’t have to wait for spring to enjoy this dessert because it’s great any day of the year! Plus, the lemon glaze takes the flavor over the top.
Table of contents
❤️ Why You’ll Love This Recipe
- This Lemon Loaf is perfect anytime of the year.
- It has a refreshing lemon flavor, and the creamy cheesecake swirl makes it extra special.
- Plus, it’s easy to make so even novice bakers can whip up this delicious treat!
You only need a few simple ingredients that are probably already in your pantry. But, if you are happen to be missing one or two of these ingredients you can easily pick up the missing ingredient at your local grocery store.
- lemon cake mix
- lemon instant pudding & pie filling mix
- vegetable oil
- cream cheese
- vanilla extract
- powdered sugar
- lemon juice
See the recipe card below for quantities.
🔪 How to Make Lemon Loaf Cake with Cheesecake Swirl
Making this simple loaf cake is so easy. Just follow the instructions below and you will have a simple yet tangy loaf cake in no time at all.
Step 1: Preheat the oven and prepare your baking pan
Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Lightly spray a bread loaf pan with non-stick spray.
Step 2: Mix together the batter ingredients
In a large bowl whisk together the cake mix, dry pudding mix, water, oil and 3 eggs until well combined.
Step 3: Make the cheesecake swirl
In a medium bowl combine the cream cheese, 1 egg, sugar, vanilla and flour. Whisk together until smooth.
Step 4: Add the batter to the pan
Pour half of the lemon batter in the loaf pan. And, then pour all of the cream cheese mixture on top of the lemon cake batter. Pour the remaining cake batter on top of the cream cheese mixture.
Step 5: Bake the cake
Bake 45 to 50 minutes or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean.
Step 6: Cool the cake slightly before removing from the pan
Cool 10 minutes; run a butter knife around the edge of the pan to loosen. Carefully remove the cake from the pan and onto a cooling rack to cool completely.
Step 7: Make the glaze
Combine the powdered sugar with the juice from half a lemon. The glaze will be thick, but that is okay. Pour the glaze over the cake.
Step 8: Serve and enjoy
Slice and serve!
Do you want to change up this recipe and make it your own? Here are some ways that you can do that!
- Juice: Replace the lemon juice in the glaze with orange or lime juice for a different citrus flavor.
- Toppings: Add fresh fruit on top of the cake such as blueberries, raspberries or strawberries for added sweetness and color.
- Nuts: Try adding nuts to the batter for extra crunch and texture.
If you love lemon cake recipes like this one, then you may also enjoy this Lemon Blueberry Cake recipe.
You only need a few kitchen tools to help you make this soft loaf cake recipe. Gather these tools and get ready to enjoy this sweet treat.
- Mixing bowls
- Hand mixer
- Loaf pan
- Cooling rack
Once the cake has cooled, store it in an airtight container for up to 3 days. You can also freeze this cake for up to three months when it’s tightly wrapped and sealed.
Here are a few tips to make sure that this lemon loaf cake recipe turns out perfectly for you.
- Make sure you use room temperature ingredients when baking.
- Be careful not to overmix the cake batter. Mix it until it is just combined.
- Fresh fruit juice works best for this recipe.
- Spray your loaf pan with baking spray, or grease it well with butter or shortening.
Do you have questions about this recipe? Here are the answers to the most commonly asked questions.
Yes, you can substitute the lemon cake mix with any other flavor. However, keep in mind that it will alter the taste of your final product.
Store your cooled cake at room temperature for three days or in the fridge for five days.
📌 PIN IT!!
🍽 More Lemon Recipes
Do you enjoy lemon, try these delicious recipes:
Want to make this recipe? Print the recipe card below, or pin this recipe, so you can find it later.
Lemon Loaf with Cheesecake Swirl
- mixing bowls
- Hand mixer
- Loaf pan
- cooling rack
- 15.25 ounces lemon cake mix lemon cake mix
- 3.4 ounces instant pudding & pie filling mix nstant pudding & pie filling mix
- 1 cup water
- ½ cup vegetable oil
- 4 eggs divided
- 6 ounces cream cheese softened
- ¼ cup sugar
- ½ teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3 tablespoons flour
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- Juice of half a lemon
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Lightly spray a bread loaf pan with non-stick spray.
- In a large bowl whisk together the cake mix, dry pudding mix, water, oil and 3 eggs until well combined.
- In a medium bowl combine the cream cheese, 1 egg, sugar, vanilla and flour. Whisk together until smooth.
- Pour half of the lemon batter in the loaf pan.
- Pour all of the cream cheese mixture ontop of the lemon cake batter.
- Pour the remaining cake batter ontop of the cream cheese mixture.
- Bake 45 to 50 minutes or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean.
- Cool 10 minutes; run a butter knife around the edge of the pan to loosen.
- Carefully remove the cake from the pan and onto a cooling rack to cool completely.
- Make the glaze.
- Combine the powdered sugar with the juice from half a lemon. The glaze will be thick, but that is okay.
- Pour the glaze over the cake.
- Slice and serve!