Luscious Lemon Lush
Luscious Lemon Lush is a cool, light and creamy dessert that is perfect for any time of year. A delicious shortbread crust and sweet and tart flavors give this the BEST flavor!
I have been making Lemon Lush for years. I have made chocolate lush, cheesecake lush, pumpkin lush, creamsicle lush, banana lush, lime lush, well the list goes on and on. But lemon is always my favorite go to lush. I love lemon everything anyways.
The bottom is a buttery shortbread layer flavored with chopped pecans. Then there is a sweetened cream cheese layer followed by an easy lemon pudding layer made from an instant pudding mix. A layer of Cool Whip on top gives a light, dreamy finish to this dessert.
Some people might think because this dessert is light and refreshing that it’s a summer dessert, but we make it all year long. This dessert is loved so much it is made for some family members birthdays instead of a cake! Yes we love it that much!!
If your a lemon love you must try this dessert!!
OTHER DESSERTS YOU MIGHT LIKE:
Luscious Lemon Lush is a cool, light and creamy dessert that is perfect for any time of year. A delicious shortbread crust and sweet and tart flavors give this the BEST flavor!!
- 1 cup butter
- 1 1/2 cups flour
- 1 cup chopped nuts
- 8 ounces cream cheese softened
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 1 16 ounce container Cool Whip
- 2 3/4 cups milk
- 2 3 ounce packages instant lemon pudding
- 1 tsp fresh squeezed lemon juice and Fresh lemon zest optional
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Mix butter, flour and 3/4 cup nuts.
- Press into a 9 x 13 inches glass baking dish.
- Bake 15 - 18 minute.
- Mix cream cheese, powdered sugar and 1 cup cool whip.
- Spread over cooled crust.
- Mix milk,lemon juice and lemon pudding.
- Spread over cream cheese.
- Spread 1 cup cool whip over pudding layer and sprinkle with 1/4 cup chopped nuts and lemon zest.
- Cook time doesn't include set up time
- Refrigerate for 4 hours for best results so it will set up. Longer is ok too.